Chinese New Year Special #1

Event Chapter: Jade Moon and Auspicious Clouds, The Azure Dragon rules the Heavens Part 1

Warning: This chapter contains some spoilers that should be revealed in the later chapters (main storyline), but u still wanna read it huh?

Disclaimer: If i got something wrong about Chinese mythology, please tell me. Also the "legend" below is inspired by various mythologies and history of the first Chinese emperor, so i created it. If there's another legend/story similar to it then it's coincidence.

_________ ׂׂૢ་༘࿐

There was a legend about the four beasts: The White Tiger, The Vermillion Bird, The Black Tortoise and the one above all, The Azure Dragon.

The Azure Dragon, basically the Qinglong, their name stands high and proud in the heavens. They are known as the highest ranking gods. They are not human, but they take a human form. They only return to their most natural form, a Dragon, when its truly necessary.

Generations and generations of Qinglong gods proudly say their family name: L/N (Last Name)

This Qinglong family is a matriarchal one, women are the successors. Although their last names change depending on the one they married, they will never forget and dismiss their generational name.

One upon a time, on the day of creation, they say a powerful Dragon appeared. She was known as the "Mother" of all beings. Her name was L/N, which is where the generational name originated from.

With her magic, she used it to fill her empty womb, and there in the most fastest way, a human being was created in that womb. She used dust to create them in her womb and gave birth to the first human beings in the world. She did not give them her deity blood, making them only humans.

Then she went to create the very first dynasty of Gods, she wanted to rest and so, created her human counterpart, which is Bixia. The Goddess of childbirth. The Qinglong gave her the blood of an Azure Dragon, therefore, making Bixia a L/N.

When she created Bixia, she did not use her womb, instead, she teared a part of her flesh, used the earthly dust and her Dragon blood. When Bixia was created, she gave her instructions and to the first humans, to multiply and fill the world.

Bixia was not her daughter, she was like a twin sister. When Bixia was created, she already shared the knowledge and memories of the Qinglong.

She made a rule, a challenge to the humans. If they ever train and do hardwork, they shall ascend to the heavens and become, an ascended god. Then, she went to a deep slumber.

Years later, the Dragon woke up and wanted to see her creations. Humans have multiplied, new gods have ascended and Bixia is still doing her tasks. But the humans, how corrupt they've become.

She watched the humans use chains to mark a fellow human as an object, not another human being. She watched injustice between humans. She couldn't stand it anymore and so, with her heavenly magic and empty womb, she used it to give birth to the founder of the L/N dynasty. The first L/N. Her daughter.

She made sure her daughter didn't immediately come out to the world, so when she gave birth, her child was inside an big egg.

She said, that starting from now on, her child must continue the bloodline with her womb, and only women can succeed. Their womb shall stay fruitful. Every year, for their eternal life, they shall bleed if the womb is empty with no fruit. Once the womb is filled with the heir, it shall stay in the womb for five months before coming out to the world as an egg for four months. Then they shall hatch as an infant.

She also said, that to secure the bloodline, only those with the pure seed are allowed to conceive with the successors. In other words, these "pure seeds" must not belong to a commoner, but to royalties and nobles. Who cover themselves in expensive incense and luxurious brocade. If the seed wasn't "pure", the womb will deny the seed and won't conceive an heir.