Chapter 3

I hate to keep yall waiting for so long without updates and I have a ton of ideas on the wait, sorry if this is short. I promise chapter 3 will be the average length of a chapter (4-5K words and takes almost half a day to finish writing)

There's a character here that isn't revealed, his actual looks yet so idk if what I'm gonna describe him is Canon cause it's based on fanarts i see about him.

Fengmi = honey
Nu'er = daughter

Sorry for some typos I wrote this at 8 pm and I'm sleepy after studying

_________ ׂׂૢ་༘࿐

Chapter 3: Father

"Fengmi, wake up"

A voice calls out and you softly groaned, your mouth muttering incoherent.

The man sighs and pinches your cheeks, waking you up. "Ow!" you yelped and placed a palm on the cheek he pinched "That stings...who-"

Your consciousness was back and there was a man with greyish hair braided and his hanfu was purple. He frowned.

"Look at you, Fengmi. Dozing off during calligraphy class what would happen if ink were to scatter around and stain your robes? How would your other father react?"

The man went on to scolding you, calligraphy class? you don't even remember anything about it.

But while he was scolding you, you looked down on your garments and it was different than what you wore before. A mirror was nearby, and you looked way younger than your current appearance.

The Hanfu had the same color of what you wore. But you looked so...young, guessing by the looks you are around 10 at this time. But how is that possible?

Deep in your thoughts the man continued to rant "And you're turning 10 next month do you understand?...Fengmi? Fengmi?"

He called out to you and you were busy inspecting yourself "Erm...can i see my other father?"

The man sighed and carried you like what a parent would to their young child. After walking on an elegant hall he took you to an even more elegant room.

Another man was also there, he was writing on his paper and he noticed the man carrying you

"Ah, Mei Nianqing. What seems to be the matter? Oh, you brought Nu'er with you"

The man paused writing to look at you both. Mei Nianqing...hm, a familiar name

"She's usually yapping about when she can play with her brother but then she slept while doing calligraphy, i scolded her cause the ink could stain her robes"

Mei said as he set you down on the floor "If there's anything else, I'll be off. Your daughter wanted to see you personally"

"You're excused" The man said and Mei walked off. Hearing his footsteps fade while you were busy staring at the giant tall man radiating elegance infront of you

The man infront, almost looks identical to you. He had some armor mixed with his clothes, he had the Chinese royalty crown (I forgot what it's called).

"Come to papa" He bent down in one knee and extended his arms out, his smile looks fatherly.

So this man...is your father. You can barely remember him at all, you blinked more than twice at him in confusion

"What's wrong? You used to run and cling onto me everytime you see me" He chuckled, he stood up and carried you in his arms, like a father with his daughter.

He pat your head and went out of the room then took a stroll with you. "You'll be 10 next month. If you're asking where your gege is, he's still training in sword art. Don't worry, you can spend the rest of the day playing with him tomorrow"

You're too busy processing everything, but the man continued on walking. You're scared to ask his name.

After all, wouldn't it be awkard for a child to suddenly ask their parent's name out of nowhere?

The man sat on some bench in a cherry blossom garden, with a pond infront with koi fish. Truly a beautiful scenery...

"One day nuer, you will take over my stead. You will become a powerful woman and leader, ruling the Heavens and earth" He said as he slowly stroked your hair

The strokes made you yawn, the scenery, the fresh air and the light breeze made you sleepy.

"Sleepy aren't we?" The man kissed your forehead and pat you on your back "Sleep"

He hummed a lullaby, his voice was so soothing and so you fell onto a deep sleep...

*Bang*

The loud noise startled you, your surroundings was different than before.

"Agh...where was I?"

Looking down, your clothes were back to normal. "Was that a dream....? huh?"

You were still inside Hua cheng's manor and you pat your forehead "Did I just met my real dad on my dream..?"

"Baobei, are you alright?"