(Arc 2) Chapter 20

Note: Past Reader wasn't a virgin she/he only slept with many women. Present or current reader is a virgin, after being reincarnated she has a new body and all those years she/he waited for Xie Lian and never slept with anyone even if it's a woman.

_________ ׂׂૢ་༘࿐

Chapter 20: Lanterns in the Mid Autumn Festival Part 2

How's Yingyue? So far so good

Xie Lian was glad to take the risk and go with you. Because for the first time in his life, he experienced being treated as a regular person rather than the same title he held for years as the crown prince and strongest cultivator born since a thousand years ago.

By timeline, this takes place in the past. So Woyoung kingdom didn't reach 2,000 years old and only a thousand. The previous strongest cultivator was the Woyoung crown prince, and to people who knew the whole lore, you know who this is

(Author thinks that Xie Lian is the equivalent of Gojo Satoru, not by power cause bro is a literal god so lemme explain. Gojo was the strongest sorcerer to be born with limitless since 400 years ago. As a headcanon I think Xie Lian is the strongest cultivator and canonically the strongest martial god to be born since a thousand years ago)

The mask perfectly fit my face I should take this home with me he thinks

The mask will be another one of his collection, second to the one he wore on the Shangyuan Heavenly Procession. Although this rabbit mask is childlike and silly, it doesn't stop him from adding it to his collection

Cowrie shells were the currency of the mortal realm and real life ancient China. And you had none of it. Xie Lian did and yes we all know he's filthy rich during his prince days.

Both of you were standing on the side of the streets, the road was filled with many dancers.

Yingyue had its own unique parade, many men wearing white rabbit masks carried a big puppet of a white rabbit. Another row of men carried a humanoid statue of the Moon Goddess.

The Moon Goddess was widely celebrated in Yingyue. Her name was Yue Yun. Her last name obviously means moon and her first name means cloud.

Yue Yun didn't use a new name when she ascended, her birth and human name is still her God name in the heavens. Although she's rarely seen attending any meetings on the upper court, her status remains the same after a millennia. However like the rest of the gods she also has a heavenly title.

The heavens were busy on preparing the banquet, but as for your concubines...

"Hah i can't believe it, Shuai Chen gets to taste freedom once in a while" The first concubine sighed, there were 20 concubines inside the common lounge of the palace of divine might.

The palace has a different lounge to where concubines can relax and chat with the fellow concubines.

Compared to the mortal harem system, these concubines didn't have any maids or eunuchs guarding them. Instead it was their deputy official they brought with them to the heavens as they ascended. These deputy officials acted as their messenger and wingman.

"I know, it's somehow unfair..." The second concubine sat on the chair with a hand propping his chin "But do you know what's unfair...?"

A third concubine stood up and said "A new face will be joining the harem. And it's a crown prince."

The rest of the concubines in the room gasped upon hearing his words "Fuck...a new rival..." a fourth concubine had his eyebrows knitted in worry and fear