Tony (f) - A Family Torn

Our first month at the Tower was touch and go. Everyone was welcoming, most of everyone, but things were still a little standoff-ish. They all have a routine and we messed that up in a big way. Morgan is excited about being around everyone but I'm thinking about leaving again.

"Hey momma, where's the little princess?" Sam asked, suddenly appearing behind me in the gym.

"Hi, she's with her father." I muttered, wiping sweat away from my forehead.

"Are you okay?" he worriedly asked.

"I'm fine ... not sleeping well." I admitted after he shot me a knowing look.

"What's keeping you awake?"

"Thinking about whether I should stay here or not." I told him.

"Come on now, you can't leave us again. Morgan loves it here." he said.

"I'm not ... it's just ... I don't belong here anymore, Sam. Feeling uncomfortable is not the way I want to live."

"Natasha will get over it." he quickly replied.

"It's not just Natasha. I'm not stupid, I see the looks and I hear the whispers. My daughter and I were just fine before this and we'll be fine if we leave. The only difference is that all of you know about her now and you are more than welcome to visit us - her, whenever you want to." I told him.

"Please don't leave."

"Who's leaving?" I heard, turning around to look at Clint. "No."

"I'm thinking about it." I admitted to him.

"This is about Natasha." Clint sighed.

"Yes and no."

"Talk to us." he insisted.

"Me and Morgan being here is throwing everyone off. We're changing things and making everyone walk on eggshells around us. I missed this, all of you, but I feel like an intruder. I feel like Morgan and I don't belong here." I sighed.

"People are acting weird." Clint said.

"No, we're ..."

"Yes, everyone has been acting funny since she got back. Both of us included. I'm so sorry, Camryn." Clint said.

"It doesn't matter."

"Yes, it does. We're the ones making you feel unwelcome." Sam argued.

"I knew things would be awkward if I returned." I sighed again. "I think it's just best if we leave."

"No, running again isn't going to solve anything." Clint said.

"I'm not running now, nor was I running back then. Well-thought-out exits from situations that are making me uncomfortable." I argued.

"You're running ... again." he insisted.

"Fuck you ... I don't have to explain myself to anyone." I angrily stated, walking away from them.

"Camryn! Damn it, birdbrain. Good going." I heard Sam complain to Clint.

I made my way back down to the kitchen with my anger growing. This was a bad choice to make, and now I'm stuck. How am I supposed to take my daughter away from her father? She has been so happy with her father and uncles and aunts, how do I pull her away from them? So many thoughts rumbled through my head as I prepared my post-workout shake. I heard voices getting closer and considered running off but they would have seen me anyway.

"I heard the blender and I smell ... oh, it's you." Natasha stated as she walked into the kitchen with Steve.

"It's just me, you can go on as you were. The blender is clean and there's some mango leftover, I know ... I figured you might still like it." I told them, grabbing my phone and cup, and walking away.