Sam(f) - A Life UnSnapped Part 4

"As much as I appreciate the offer, if we use the quinjet, he'll have to come back." I told Steve.

"Right, understood." He chuckled.

"Well, why don't we all go with you? Let my girl meet her dad and Uncle Bucky?" Bucky suggested.

"Yeah, let me go see my girl." Tennyson smiled.

"Let me finish here and we'll go pack a bag." Steve smiled.

"I've gotta go get Becky. Oh my God, she's gonna blow out my fucking eardrum." Tenz complained.

"Yeah, alright, feed the pregnant woman and hurry up please." Sam said.

"Do not rush me, Sam Wilson." Tennyson warned him.

"My daughter." He whined.

"Okay, I'll give you that." She conceded.

"Man, Becky is going on 7 now." Bucky sighed.

"She looks like a mini you." I told him, placing my hands on Sam's arms when he wrapped them around my waist from behind me.

"I can't believe it. You're back, and Sam is back and we lost two people but you fucking brought all the people back. How is that gonna affect the world now?" Tennyson asked.

"I don't know, we'll figure it out." Steve said, as he slid two pieces of toasty delicious bread into a plate and completely ignored her cursing because Becky isn't here and it won't get him anywhere if he scolds her.

I thought about video calling Lena but I want to surprise her. Sam walked through his old room, smiling when he realized that all of his stuff was gone. Sarah and I packed everything, I didn't want to leave anything. Looking at him is still boggling my mind. After 5 years, it feels like a dream and I don't want to wake up from it. I've had this dream before and this time it feels so real. I'm scared that I'm gonna close my eyes and he'll be gone when I open them again.

"Kristina, baby, I'm real. I'm here with you." Sam said, placing his hands on my arms.

"I don't ..."

"I know it's a lot to deal with but I'm not going anywhere. I'm not leaving you ever again." He insisted.

"I missed you so much." I whispered, pressing my cheek to his chest when he pulled me in.

Hearing his heartbeat is a gift that I'll never take for granted.

"I'm so sorry." He sighed, squeezing me.

"You ready to meet her?" I asked.

"What if she doesn't like me?" he asked.

"Sam ..."

"All she knows are stories that you and Sarah have told her, which play up how good of a man I am. What if I don't live up to her expectations?"

"She loves you."

I pulled out my cell phone and video-called Sarah. The smile on her face is so wonderful to see, she's happy and her son is back.

"Hey Kris, when are you coming back?" she asked.

"Is that mommy?" we heard and Sam's eyes widened.

"Yes, you wanna talk to her?"

"Mommy!"

"Hey baby! Are you being good for auntie Sarah?" I asked her.

"Yeah. Mommy, people started showing up like magic!" She said.

"Really? What did you see?"

"They were everywhere. Mommy, are you with daddy?" she asked.

"Why are you asking that?"