Clint - Down time

A/N: Just because this picture made my ovaries explode with hormones, here we are

I woke up startled, looking at the clock and realizing how late it was. In all honesty, it's only 7:30 in the morning but when you have a new baby it's late. I ran into the nursery and panicked when I didn't see the baby in the crib. Very few people just waltz into my house but with my boyfriend being who he is, we have to take certain precautions and I'm very aware of that.

When I made it to the living room my heart stopped in it's entirety. For a small moment in time, it literally just stopped ... in a good way. Laying on the sofa was my boyfriend, fast asleep, with our 2 ½ month-old sleeping on his chest. Clint's arm was wrapped around the baby and I know he's got the reflexes to wake up if the baby moves. He hasn't been home in almost two months, having to leave right after Madison was born. We've video chatted, I've sent him and Natasha and Sam pictures but it's not the same as having him here.

The two of them laying there is making my ovaries explode already. My rough and tumble, kinda clumsy, definitely athletic and built boyfriend, cradling this tiny baby. My hormones are popping off. Knowing that he's going to wake up, I walked over quietly and grabbed the baby. Clint reached out but I grabbed his hand and laid it softly on his chest.

"Go back to sleep." I whispered, leaning down to press my lips to his.

He just grunted and reached out for me now. I pushed his hands away and smiled as I took Madison back to her crib. When I turned around, Clint was standing in the doorway, shirtless and in sweats. Jesus, my hormones are going bonkers.

"When did you get in?" I asked, walking over to him.

He wrapped his arms around my waist and leaned in to kiss me deaf, dumb, and blind. I wrapped my arms around his neck and just floated on it until he pulled away.

"Got in about two hours ago." he muttered, pressing chaste kisses to my cheek and neck.

"We're gonna scar her." I giggled, moaning softly when he nipped my neck.

"Let's get out of here."

Before we did anything, his stomach grumbled, making me laugh, so instead of going to the bedroom, I pulled him into the kitchen.

"Noo." He pouted.

"Clint ... how long has it been since you've eaten?"

"Hmm, sometime yesterday ... or the day before." he said sheepishly. "I meant to make a sandwich when I got in but the baby started making noise so I got her before she could wake you up."

"Alright super dad, let's make something for you. You take a shower?"

"Changed my clothes and was going to eat, then straight to bed."

"Go shower, Hawkeye, I've got breakfast." I smiled as he leaned over the counter to kiss me.

"How about I help you in the kitchen and you take a shower with me?" he suggested.

"Clint ..."

He walked around the counter and caged me in against the kitchen island.

"Amor ..." I sighed when he leaned in to kiss my neck.

"Hmm, I missed all of those little noises you make." he grumbled.

"I bet you did, pervert." I laughed.

"I missed you." he said, kissing me softly.

"Y yo a ti. I missed you too. How long are you home for this time?" I asked.

"At least two months." he smiled.

"What?"

"Yup, I asked for some downtime with my family and new baby. Tony said to take at least two months, I'm hoping to be here for more."

"Clint ..."

"This baby is ours and it's not fair on you to have to do all of it alone. Which you have been doing since she was born." he insisted, leaning in again to nuzzle my neck.

"I love you." I sniffled.

"Baby ... I love you too." he smiled, brushing away the stray tears that fell.

I made breakfast for him and we managed to rush in a shower. A little friskiness but nothing that would get my blood boiling, I miss that too. By the time we got out of the shower, the baby was starting to make noises again. We had the monitor in the bathroom to make sure we could hear her.

"Can I feed her again?" Clint asked.

"Again?"

"I gave her a bottle when I came in this morning. I remember what you said about heating up the milk to room temperature and all that jazz." he said, doing spirit fingers.

"Okay, you take her to the living room. I'll just pump some more milk for the backup supply since you're gonna be here for a while." I smiled.

"For as long as I can." he said as he left the bathroom shirtless again.

One of his favorite things to do is skin-to-skin with Madison so I'm not surprised. I stood in the bedroom pumping while I put away some laundry and found myself smiling while I listened to Clint talk to Madison. Once I was finished, I just watched Clint be a dad. It's one of my favorite things to see.

When I first met him, I had no idea who Hawkeye was. I knew of the Avengers but I didn't really watch the news or know of what was happening in space. He literally bumped into me at my favorite pizza place. We kept 'running into each other' at random places, which I later found out was quite deliberate. He had his friends find me on his free nights so that he could bump into me.

Don't get me wrong, when he told me the truth I was more than a little upset but here we are three years later and happy. He is one of the best things to happen to me and so is our baby. I know that it weighs on him, not being here. It bothers him but he's saving the world, he's making it safe for our baby and I'm so proud of him for doing that. For taking care of us.

"What do you say to having another?" He asked, looking over at me from the sofa.

"Another baby? Sure, we can get a puppy." I smiled, walking over to sit next to him.

"Funny girl, I wouldn't mind having 2 or 3 running around. Hopefully close in age so that they can enjoy and annoy each other." he smiled, leaning over to lay in my lap with the burped baby on his chest going into a milk coma.

"You don't say."

"Will you give me another baby? In about a year or two." he smiled up at me.

"A year or two sounds good." I smiled back.

"Baby ..."

"What's up?"

"Marry me." He said, sitting up.

"What? Clint, that's not funny."

"I'm not laughing. Marry me, baby." he repeated, pulling a blue velvet box out of his pocket.

"Oh my God."

"Here, the three and potentially, five of us, this is what I want. I want to grow old with you and our kids, their kids, and maybe even their kids if we're lucky. I wanna wake up to you singing in the shower or kitchen, go and cut some wood outside, show my kids to love the outdoors the way that we do. Then come home and love on you all that you'll let me. Marry me, baby." he said, thumbing the box open.

"Of course ... of course."

He got up and laid the baby in the playpen, before getting on his knees in front of me just to put the ring on. I pulled him up and pressed my lips to his, ignoring the tears that were falling.

"I love you, soon to be Mrs. Barton." he whispered against my lips.

"Te amo!"