Sam(f) - A Life Snapped Part 2

"Mommy, can we go home?" Lena asked.

"Baby, we are home." I told her.

"No, this not home." she said.

"Darlene, this is home now. We live here now." I said, knowing the meltdown this is going to cause.

"No Mommy, we go home!" she cried.

"Look at me, we live here now. Next to Auntie Sarah and AJ, they're right next door."

"No! I want Auntie Nat and Uncle Steve." she sobbed.

"They're gonna come and visit, we can go visit them whenever. Baby, you're gonna make so many new friends and you're gonna go to a new school. We can decorate your room here however you want." I tried to reason with her.

"No."

"We can get a puppy here and we can put in a gate so that our yard goes right into Auntie Sarah's yard." I told her.

"A puppy?" she sniffled.

"Yup, we can get a puppy and share it with AJ and Auntie Sarah. You can pick one out." I said.

"I want my home." she sniffled.

"I know baby, I know, I want our old home too. We had to move away."

"Why?" she cried.

"Because we needed to leave, to start fresh. We needed to go somewhere happy." I said.

"We happy." she mumbled.

"You make me so happy and you would've made your dad so happy." I sniffled now.

"I love Daddy." she said, grabbing the little locket with his picture.

I gave it to her when she was three and showed her how to open it softly. She looks at it all of the time and sometimes I've even seen her talking to his pictures. The ones in the locket and the ones that are around the house. She tells him how her day was and the things that we do together. Sarah told her it was a good idea to talk to Daddy because even though he can't answer, he'll love to hear about all of her days. It's the cutest thing but it breaks my heart at the same time.

"And wherever he is in heaven, Daddy loves you." I told her.

"You look pretty." she said, pointing to the picture on the left side.

I was sitting on Sam's lap with a big smile on my face. I can't remember what was going on here but he was always making me laugh.

"You look like him and you make me laugh like he does. His smile made me smile, just like you do." I said, wiping her tears away.

"Mommy, tell me a story about Daddy." she said as we sat down in the living room.

"Did I tell you how I met your dad?" I asked her.

"No."

"Well Uncle Tony knew that I had magic ..." I said, making my hands light up as the blue electricity surrounded my hands.

"Mommy's magic! I'm magic." She said.

Her gift is starting to manifest and I'm gonna let her believe in the good of it all for a little bit longer. If it were up to me alone, I would've loved to find a way to suppress her abilities. For the longest time, I wanted to suppress who I was and what I could do. Then I met the Avengers and Sam Wilson. He taught me to love myself and every part of me. They all helped me practice and learn more but Sam showed me how to love every broken part of me.

"Yes, you are magic." I said.

"Daddy's not magic."

"He's a special kind of magic. Sam Wilson is happy magic."