Infidelity (2)

"Lady Anastasia, it's been a wonder to have you here." Thor said.

"You have made things a lot easier on us, that is for certain." Sif added.

"I'm glad to have been of assistance. Being here was really good for me." I said, pressing my hand to my slightly showing belly.

"Ah, your babe is healthy and will be healthier still." Thor added.

"It must be nice to be a good of fertility." I said, making them laugh.

"Not all it's cracked up to be." Val said when she walked over to us. "Thank you for your assistance. Shuri asked me to give you this before she left last night. She said all you have to do is lift the lid to speak to her if you have any questions."

She handed me a metal bracelet with a locket looking circle on top.

"Thank you. I'll have to come back after I have the baby. Get some fight training in with a Valkyrie sounds like fun." I smiled.

"The things you find fun." Sif scoffed.

"I'll take training with both of you. Get my ass handed to me a couple hundred times just for the sake of getting rid of baby daddy frustrations. You know, I might be able to do some while I'm ..."

"No!" The three of them said.

"I mean, let's really test the limits of having a super soldier's baby." I argued, making them smile.

"I'll go check for the quinjet. Be safe, Lady Anastasia." Thor said. "Keep this baby safe."

"Will do."

"How are you really feeling about going back?" Sif asked when Thor walked away.

"It's been two and a half months now with barely any contact. It hurts and I'm still mad and I don't want to go back. Running doesn't do anything though, it's not gonna help us figure things out. I just ... I don't know how ... I don't want to see them together." I sniffled. "Fucking hormones."

"You're always welcome to come back here and Shuri has extended that offer to Wakanda as well." Val said.

"Is it too late for me to be a Valkyrie?" I asked, brushing the tears away.

"Just about four months." she smiled.

"Can I still come back if I burn him to ash?" I asked, making both women laugh.

"God, I love a violent woman." Sif smiled.

"You'll still be welcome. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned, especially a pregnant fire creator." Val said.

"There's my ride. Ah hell, pray for us all." I muttered, getting into the quinjet.

Thor, Sif, and Valkyrie watched as I left and the peace I've felt the majority of this time is slowly going away. Anxiety is taking it's place and I don't like that. Stress is pouring in and that upsets me more than anything else. Going home feels foreign and they did that. Now I have to be the bigger person and act like I'm not upset still, like I don't cry myself to sleep because I feel like a fool. Two fucking years and I was the fool the whole time.

"There she is." Tony said as the door to the quinjet opened.

I pasted a smile on my face and walked into his embrace. Thankfully, it's just Tony and Nat here to welcome me home. My heart is racing but I'm glad the James isn't here. I need a second before seeing him here again.

"I'm back." I said, hugging Natasha.

"He's gone on a mission. Tony did it on purpose." she whispered and I let out a sigh of relief.