Sam - A Life Unsnapped (s) Part 5

"Hey, she fell asleep." Sam pouted as he walked into the bedroom.

"It's 11:50 at night, Sam, she's exhausted. Physically and emotionally exhausted. You're lucky she lasted this long." I laughed, putting clothes away.

"But I want to ..."

"Baby, she'll be there when you wake up tomorrow." I smile at him.

"Yeah but ..."

"Sam." I interrupt him.

"I know ... I know." he sighed, dropping onto the bed. "Kris, I missed out on 5 years of her life. I don't want to waste any time."

"I know, there's a lot of time to make up for but you have the time now. I'm sure that the both of you are gonna be sick of each other soon enough." I told him as I continued to fold clothes.

"Impossible."

He watched me move around the room and I showed him where all of his things were as well. Darlene tried very hard to stay awake with her dad, both of them just wanted that time with each other. The others all went to sleep a little after Darlene did. Becky and Lena are sharing Lena's room, not the first time they've done so, Becky's parents are all in the guest room.

"Put that down for a second." Sam said, taking the shirt I was putting on a hanger out of my hands.

"Sam, I've gotta finish that." I smiled when he wrapped his arms around me.

"You keep looking at me like I'm gonna disappear." he muttered, leaning down to kiss me. "Baby, I'm not going anywhere."

"It's been a hard 5 years without you, Sam." I sighed, leaning into his embrace.

"I can only imagine and I promise you'll never have to live like that again." he said, tightening his hold on me.

"I love you." I whispered, getting on my toes to kiss him.

"I love you so much, baby. I'm gonna show you just how much." he muttered against my lips.

"Sam, you don't have ..."

"I never have to, I know, but I always want to." he said, picking me up gently.

"Baby ..."

"You're so fucking beautiful, Kristina." he muttered as he laid me on the bed. "So fucking breathtaking. I'll be right back."

He left me on the bed and grabbed all of the hangers, taking them to the closet and putting them away. I just smiled at him as he came back, placing the rest of the clothes on top of the dresser.

"I think that's the sexiest thing I've ever seen you do." I smiled.

"Wait till you see me doing dishes." he winked, making me smile.

"Sam ..."

I held my hand out to him and my heart was racing. There's been no intimacy for the past five years. I tried, I really did, to date and get out there but no one compared to him and it wasn't fair to the gentlemen I dated. Looking at him is still somewhat surprising, he's here and he's mine and I'm scared that I'm gonna wake up and he's not gonna be here.

When he grabbed my hand, I think it made my heart race even faster. He pulled me up to my knees and kissed me again, his hands tugging on my scrunchie until my hair fell loose. His hands moved into my hair, holding me in place as he made my bones jello with just a kiss. No one else has ever made me feel this way ... and never will.

"Can I?" he asked, tugging at the end of my shirt when I sat up.

"Of course." I whispered, breathless.