Tony (f) - A Family Healing

I remember how meals work but I don't entirely believe that I'm welcome so Morgan and I had dinner in the penthouse. Tony and Bruce tried to convince me to go down with them but I insisted on remaining here. Morgan almost went with them but when she realized I wasn't she turned back around. This was probably a bad idea and the worst part is I fell for it so easily because I missed it.

This was my home for so long and I loved being an Avenger. I had purpose in my life in a time when I had been feeling very lost. They found me and gave me something to focus on. I missed my friends and I really did feel horrible for leaving the way that I did, disappearing without saying bye. There were text messages but they deserved so much more.

"Momma ... why we no go with daddy?" Morgan asked as we ate.

Of course there's the communal kitchen downstairs but Tony had one made for me. The man can't cook for shit.

"Because ... I just wanted to eat upstairs." I said, lying easily and regretfully to her.

"You no wanna see awntie Nat?"

"I'll see her tomorrow."

"Why we come here?" She asked.

"Because daddy missed you so much that he wanted you to live with him."

"He misted you too. Daddy tell me he misted me and you." She smiled a big smile covered in red sauce.

"I missed him too." I admitted to her, wiping her face.

"Miss Camryn, Mr. Stark requests your presence downstairs." The AI voice echoed.

"Friday, please tell him I'm tired."

"He insists you come down to see the others."

"Damn it, Tony."

"Momma das a bad word." Morgan scolded, making me smile.

"Sorry mi amor, let's clean up so you can meet everyone else."

"Who else?" She nervously asked.

"Your other uncles and aunt."

She chewed on her lip while I cleaned up, a bad habit of mine that she's inherited. I can't tell who's more nervous, Morgan or me. We shouldn't have come here, this was a really bad idea. Morgan had me pick her up and she clung to me like a baby koala as we got into the elevator. My heart was beating a mile a minute as the doors opened.

Clint, Wanda, and Sam just stared at us but they didn't say anything. All of the bad ideas and outcomes were going through my mind. I was worried they would react the same way that Natasha did. I really missed my friends but I do understand that they are mad and/or upset with me.

"Momma look, is awntie Wanda, nucle Sam, and nucle Cwint." Morgan smiled and ran over to Wanda same as she did with Natasha.

"Look at you." Wanda smiled and caught her. "You're so pretty."

"You pwetty."

"Holy hell, look at you princess." Sam said, walking over to hug me.

"Hey." I smiled when he wrapped his arms around me.

"It's good to have you back." He said.

"It's good to be back. Clint ..."

"You could've told me." He said, hugging me tightly.

"I know and I'm sorry."

"She's gorgeous." Sam said.

"She's really gorgeous." Wanda smiled as she hugged me while still carrying Morgan.

"Nucle Sam, mommy say you fwy."

"I do when I have my wings but Auntie Wanda can make you fly." Sam said, wiggling his eyebrows at me.

"Mommy ... I wanna fwy." Morgan giggled, making me glare at him.

"Come on princess, we've got years to make up for and I'm starting right away." He smiled.

"Mommy ..."

"Mijita you just ate, you'll get a tummy ache."

"I wait to fwy, awntie Wanda you make me fwy?" Morgan asked.

"Later on." She smiled.

"Daddy!" Morgan shouted when Tony walked into the room.

Wanda put her down and she ran into Tony's arms. I swear every time I see that and the happiness on Tony's face it makes me want to cry. Both of them just look so happy wrapped up in each other.

"They make a pretty picture." Wanda said, linking her arm through mine.

"You already knew." I surmised.

"I figured it out a little while ago. Tony was acting weird and changing a whole lot of things upstairs. He was paying extra attention to what was happening around us and I peaked. It hurt when I first figured it out but once he figured out that I knew he explained and I understood. He missed both of you so much." She whispered.

"I missed all of you." I admitted. "I missed him too."

"I don't know if this matters or not but he hasn't dated anyone since you left. Pepper got kicked out the same day you left. No one really talked to him unless necessary and now you're back." She smiled.

"Not everyone shares your enthusiasm. I expected it though."

"They missed you."

"I missed them too. Like I said, I understand that they're upset."

"Little princess wants to watch a movie." Sam said as he lifted Morgan.

"Encanto or Frozen?" Clint asked.

"Frozen." Morgan smiled.

"My kinda kid." He smiled.

"You guys go ahead ..."

"What?" Sam asked.

"Come on, Cam." Clint argued.

"I'm just gonna get her cup upstairs and a blanket. I'll be down in a few minutes." I smiled.

"That's better." Wanda smiled.

I went upstairs and as I collected Morgan's creature comfort things I heard the ding of the elevator. When I looked up from the bag I saw Tony walk out.

"Is everything okay?" I asked him.

"Maybe I'll apologize later." He said.

"Apologize for what?"

"For this." He muttered as he wrapped his arms around my waist.

Before I could hesitate or say anything, he pulled me close and pressed his lips to mine. I quickly fell into the kiss, into the feeling of our lips pressed together. I sunk into the feeling of home that being in his arms used to bring me ... and still does.

"Tony ..." I whispered when he pulled away.

"I'm not gonna apologize but I won't do it again unless you ask me." He said, stepping away and holding his hands up.

"We can't ... I don't want to confuse Morgan." I told him, pressing my fingers to my lips.

"We don't have to confuse her. I missed you Camryn, more than I have a right to miss you and I love you. I have high hopes and low expectations of actually getting you back. I want my family to be a real family ... together. I can understand if you don't want that but I hope that you might." He said, caressing my cheek.

"I missed you too but I don't know if we can work."

"Can we try? Just me and you to start so that we don't confuse Morgan. Give me a second chance, Cam. Please, let me show you that we can work and you can actually trust me. Think about it, take your time." He said before pressing a kiss to my temple like he used to do and young back to the elevator which he held open for me. 

Avengers One-Shotsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें