Chapter 21 Ignored

(Zenitsu's pov)

Y/n hasn't been at school for a couple of days. Probably because she's still sick. I can't believe her dad is making her take care of herself! How cruel! No one should be forced to take care of themself and not be able to seek help.

I was checking uniforms, like I do every morning when I see my angel, y/n walk through those school gates!

"Y/n!"

She glances at me and smiles lightly but her eyes look sad.

"Y/n! I'm so glad you're okay! I'm so sorry I got you grounded! It's all my fault that your dad got mad, I-"

She holds out my cardigan I gave her the other day.

"Wh-what's this for?"

She sighs, "Don't blame yourself Zenitsu, I should have known my dad was coming over. You did nothing wrong. It's my fault.......... And.........my dad told me to return this to you. I washed it for you and used fabric softener."

"Y/n......... you........."

She then walked away like it was nothing. Her dad............... just took her away from me like that. I thought......... our...... relationship was stronger than that.

I don't think I should follow her right now but... I need her. We had something going...... is it all gone?

She didn't talk to anyone as she walked into the school. She even ignored Tanjiro.

I just hope she wont ignore me forever.

(Y/n's POV)

I wanted to cry. I hated treating my dear friends like this. They don't deserve this but.......... I know it'll be better for them in the long run. If my dad knew that I continued to hang out with them, he would be grounding me all the time, making them feel bad for me. They don't need that worry in their life. It would have been better if we just didn't mean.

Throughout the day, Tanjiro, Zenitsu and Inosuke would try to talk to me but I would dismiss the conversation. I felt like a total bitch...... This is really messed up. When I sat next to Inosuke since I had an assigned seat, he tried to talk to me about what was going on.

"Hey, what was going on with your dad a couple nights ago? He seems pretty weird if you ask me. Like, what was he even screaming about? Something about us being boys I think. THAT IDIOT! He's a boy! Maybe he should scream at himself!"

It was obvious that Inosuke had no idea what he was talking about, like always. I wanted to explain it to him so badly but I had to keep my mouth shut.

Inosuke looked at me, "Hey, why do you keep ignoring me?! Are you actually listening to that bastard!?"

I stay quiet and Inosuke grabs me by the shoulders and starts shaking me.

"IF YOU DON'T SAY SOMETHING I'M GONNA-"

"HASHIBIRA!" Mr. Iguro screamed. "Shut up."

Inosuke scowled and sat down in his chair. "You better talk to me after this......"

This is so hard. Then there was lunch. I wasn't able to talk to the guys sooooo........ I guess I can sit with the girls today. I sat with Nezuko and Aoi that day.

"Hey Nezuko! Hey Aoi!" I said running over to them.

"Y/n!" Nezuko said, "There you are! Tanjiro was wondering why you were ignoring them today!"

I go silent for a second. "It's a long story."

"Are you mad at them or something?" Aoi asked.

"No! Not at all! I actually feel really really bad for ignoring them all."