Chapter 6 You Make Me Happy

It was easy to stay awake during Mr. Iguro's class since Inosuke was next to me.

We then went to Uzui's class. There were no assigned seats so Zenitsu sat next to me.

"Okay, today, since it's Valentine's day," Mr. Uzui said, "you're gonna paint something that expresses your love for someone. Just make it flashy and you'll probably get an A. You'll be able to give them to your loved one after I grade it at the end of the day."

Okay.... Who do I love.....

I mean.... I wouldn't say I'm in love with Zenitsu..... But he does mean a lot to me.... And he is my Valentine.......

I realized that Zenitsu was staring at me.

"What?"

"Nothing! I was just zoning out!" He said

He looked down at his paper.

"I have no idea what to make...." He said.

I smile at him.

"How about we make each other if we were a bouquet of flowers? Like what flowers and colors remind us of each other?" I said

He looked at me.

"That's a great idea!"

I went to the paint section to choose out colors to describe him. I wanted to include some sort of red because he is a somewhat passionate person. I chose a decent amount of orange because he is creative. I chose a lot of yellow because I felt that yellow is a big color to describe him. Not only is he a ray of sunshine, but he can also be the kind of coward which yellow represents. I chose a little green because he can be very jealous. I chose white because I feel like he has a sweet pure soul and I chose gray because he can be pretty moody. I also threw in some brown.

I started painting all different kinds of flowers. I painted some baby breath, calla lilies, red, yellow and white chrysanthemum, white clovers, thickseed, daisy, gardenia, honeysuckle, white jasmine, marigold, red white and yellow roses, red and yellow tulips, and yarrow. I was proud of myself. It looked good. When Zenitsu saw mine, he almost had a heart attack.

He loved it so much that he started crying. He painted me a bouquet of violets, yellow and red tulips, sweet pea, speedwell, salvia, lilac, lilies, iris, clematis, blue bell ect. He used yellow and red and purple and blue and pink and orange.

"Zenitsu, it's beautiful. I love it. I'm gonna hang it up in my room!" I said

"You really like it y/n!?"

I nod my head and admire it more.

He smiles.

We leave our paintings to dry in the classroom. Next was one of my least favorite classes, P.E. I hate that class with a passion. I hate getting all gross and sweaty in the middle of the school day. Today we also had sprints, so I was extra upset. I also hate the girl P.E. uniform. It doesn't cover up anything! How are they even able to call it a uniform? I decided to hang out with Aoi and Kanao during P.E.

They are really fast runners like me and they make me not feel as uncomfortable wearing the uniform.

All the guys were whistling at us when we walked out of the locker room. Aoi gave them all the looks when I couldn't even look up off the floor. We finally got to the track. I felt bad kind of avoiding Zenitsu, Tanjiro and Inosuke but I get uncomfortable around them when I wear this kind of stuff. When I looked over at Zenitsu, he was unsuccessfully trying not to look me up and down. At least he was trying. The other guys would even sometimes try to touch me.

Tanjiro then came up to me.

"Y/n, are you okay? You look a little off put."

"Yeah, I'm fine. Thanks for being so concerned about me though." I said, still not taking my eyes off the floor.