¡☆16☆¡

Author's POV:

11:55. Sunghoon parks his car in his parking lot. He decided to take the turn to his apartment. He gets out of the car and jogs to Eunji's spot. She's still asleep. "Jinnie," He whispers, brushing away her hair from her face. She groans as she opens her eyes. Sunghoon smiles softly. "Come on, we're here," he says.

Eunji shifts her leg to the left, tugging them out of the position they were in. "This isn't my place," she mutters sleepily. Sunghoon glides one of the leather boots into Eunji's foot as she rubs her eyes. "It's my place, don't worry," He assures the girl.

Sunghoon offers his hand to Eunji. She grabs it gently, stepping out of the car. Eunji sighs as she stretches. They both walk to the elevators. Sunghoon presses his floor number, "eighteen," Eunji mutters before sinking to the floor. She grunts as she pouts. Sunghoon looks down at her, his hands in his pockets.

11:59- 12:00. Sunghoon checks his time, 12:00. That exact same second, the moment it turned 12, the elevator stops. Loud cheering and fireworks could be heard. Eunji's eyes go wide as she covers her eyes instantly. "Make it stop," she mutters, looking down at the floor. Sunghoon notices her. He kneels down. He sees her hands shake as they cover her ears. Even more loud cheering could be heard from the apartments, fireworks from outside. The elevator is all dark.

"Eunji, what's wrong?" He asks, taking her hands and squeezing them. "Make it stop, make it stop, make it stop," she repeats non-stop. Sunghoon's expression changes into a worried one.

"Eun-" he gets cut off.

"I SAID MAKE IT FUCKING STOP!" Eunji screams, letting all her swelled up tears take their fall. They roll down her cheeks, she pushes herself into Sunghoon's embrace. "Okay, okay. It's okay. It'll stop soon." He comforts her, rubbing her back. "It won't stop, it won't. It always comes back..." She mutters breathly as she sobs into his chest.

She whimpers as she hears louder shouts. She raps her arms around Sunghoon's neck, shifting onto his lap. "MAKE IT STOP," she screams into his embrace.

"It stopped, there's nothing now," he says, and he wasn't lying. It was now 12:05. All the fireworks and yells had stopped. "It's not," she whimpers. The light turns back on. Sunghoon looks down at her, barely able to see her because of her stuffing her face into his chest. He ears were red.

She screams.

She screams her lungs out, "It hurts! It hurts, stop it. Please, stop it!"

Eunji shivers in Sunghoon's embrace before crawling out of it. Leaning against the wall. She covers her ears, her lower lip wobbles as she bites it, trying to maintain her sobs. Tears role down her face. "Eunji, Eunji, look at me," Sunghoon calmy, cupping her cheeks.

She avoids his eye contact. "Eunji!" He snaps. She looks at him. "It's alright, everything's alright. Calm down, take deep breaths," He says, taking deep breaths himself. Eunji tries to follow him. The elevator starts moving and finally reaches the 18th floor.

Sunghoon gets up and helps Eunji to get up but she doesn't. "Come on," he says while kneeling to her, offering her his hand. She shakes her head. Her lips are swollen from her biting on them, her cheeks red and rosy. Her eyes puffed. Sunghoon purses his lips before reaching out his arms,

He picks her up, his arms right below her thigh. She raps her arms around his neck, once again sinking her face to his chest. He steps out of the elevator and walks to his apartment. He holds on to Eunji tightly with one arm as he opens the door with the other.

He slides off his shoes, walks to his lounge, and lets her down. She sits on the sofa, staring down at the floor blankly. He kneels down and slides her boots off. "Come on," he holds her hand, and she intertwines them. He leads her into one of his rooms. "Where's Rei?" She says as she digs through his closet.

"She's...staying with her parents for the week," He lied. They had broken up. Rei was caught cheating on Sunghoon. Sunghoon was heartbroken, he'd been dating her for 4 fucking years and apparently she has been cheating on him for 3 years. "Oh," she mutters, swinging her legs slightly.

"Here, I couldn't find anything of Rei's. It's my t-shirt," He says. "I found one of her skirts though," he said, clearing his throat as he passed the black short skirt. "I'm thinking it'll be a bit loose, but it's fine," the girl replies.

"I'll leave you to wash up, the washrooms right here," He says and opens the door and lights of the washroom. "The towels will be stacked there, on the shelf," He says while pointing at the shelf, even though she can't see it.

Eunji nods. "Thanks," she mutters before heading inside, and Sunghoon leaves. Sunghoon shuts the door. He sinks down to the door, he pulls his hair as he stuffs his face into his knees. A million thoughts go through his head about what had just happened.

Meanwhile, Eunji was sitting against the wall of the cold washroom. Her was wet. "I'm so fucking stupid, why did I cry," She mutters to herself, biting her lower lip.

+++

A/N: sad drama 😭😭 for those who are confused, this all is happening to Eunji because of her abusive mother who used to shout at her alot. The fireworks remind her of her birthday, which was a horrible day for her because her mother would remind her how her life was ruined on this day because of the girl, using a belt to abuse her on that specific day. Hope you get it! Bye <333333