•☆1☆•

Author's POV:

"Eunji, wake up!" Eunji's mother shouts while banging her daughter's door. Poor Eunji is just 7 years old. At such a young age, she has to face her abusive mother and her father's death. The little girl grunts before making her way out of bed. Her family is wealthy, but her mother hasn't been able to control the wealth.

Her father passed away when Eunji was 4. Once she turned 5, her mother gave birth to her younger brother, Haemin. Now, her mother works at the convenience store to stable their wealth. "You're so lucky!" Eunji sees her younger brother, who is 2 years old and says. She feels school is a waste of time and says that Haemin is lucky to be young.

Eunji dresses up for school and picks up her bag. She goes to the kitchen to say goodbye to her mother. "What are you here for? Go now!" Her mother yells when she tries to bid her goodbye. Eunji stumbles but makes her way outside. She walks to school, which is just a 10 minute walk.

On her way, she sees a young boy come out of the door to the house 2 houses away from hers. No one used to live their, maybe they're new neighbours? Eunji got excited. She walks to the young boy. It looks like he's going to the same school as hers. He wears the same uniform.

"Hi!" She says once the boy is right behind her. Now that their up-close, he looks much older than her. "H-hey," the boy stutters. "What's your name?" She asks, her bubbly curiosity taking over. "Sunghoon, Park Sunghoon," He matches the pace while walking of the younger girl. "I'm Eunji! Wanna be friends?" She looks up at the boy while holding both of her bag's straps. She flutters her long eye-lashes, giving a puppy look. The boy nods. "Yay!!" She squeals. "How old are you?" She continues asking questions.

"12 years old, how about you?" Sunghoon asks her. "Oh...I'm just 7 years old," the girl counts on her fingers and realises the 5 year gap between them. Sunghoon burts out laughing. "Hey- stop laughing, I'll call you grandpa!" She bumps her shoulder at the boy, pouting. "Okay, okay," Sunghoon says before his laugh falls and a small smile is gestured on his face.

They both walk together to school and go their separate ways once the bell rings. They got to know much stuff about each other. "Hey, what's that bruise on your arm and neck?" Suri, Eunji's best friend, asks her while pointing at it. Eunji quickly covers it up. "Nothing, I just got hurt while playing," she says.

Suri and Eunji are called 'diaper-buddies' by the older kids, the ones Sunghoon's age. The name refers to how they both have been friends since they were born, which is true. They both met in nursery and were inseparable after that. The day passes by. Now, it's dispersal time. Everyone is going back home. School starts at 8:30 am and ends at 1:00 pm.

Eunji and Suri walk out together, and their houses are in the opposite direction. "Bye-bye, suji!" Eunji and Suri say togather, Suji is a mix of both of their names. They both wave to each other as Suri's father picks her up. Eunji stands at the exit gate, alone. Other students are either going with their parents or either their bicycles. Sunghoon comes outside while laughing, tons of kids surrounding him and laughing with him. Of course, the kids that are in 5th grade, unlike Eunji, how is just in 3rd grade.

"Hey, Sunghoon!!" She says, and her gaze softens once she sees the crowd with him slowly disappear. "Hey!" He says, and they both walk together. "After you finish your homework, do you wanna play in the park next to the house of the Yang's?" Eunji asks Sunghoon while looking down. "You mean Jungwon's house?" He asks her, and the girl looks up at the tall boy in shock. "You know Jungwon oppa?" She's in complete shock. "I'm friends with him. His family is quiet rich," he says, and Eunji nods along.

"We can meet up there at 3:30 pm?" She asks the boy, and he nods. "Sure," he replies. Both of them reach their home and bid their goodbye before quickly finishing their homework to meet up. Sunghoon went to Jungwon's house early to tell him that a young friend would be joining him. Jungwon didn't mind.

"Mom, I'll be going to the park," Eunji says calmly to her mother. Her mother looked down at her and reached out her hand to slap her. Eunji stands there, her hands behind her back. Slowly, tears formed in her eyes as she got a beating from her mother. "With who's permission?!? Go back to your room!" Her mother yells after pulling Eunji's hair. Eunji runs to her room and sinks her face into her pillow as she cries out. "Yeah, yeah, cry, you useless rat," her mother says as she closes Eunji's door and locks it from outside.

Eunji sobs into her pillow. It's already 4:30 pm. She's been crying for at least 25 minutes on her bed. All she ever wondered was, what was her fault? Why does she have to go through this while other kids would easily bond with their parents? She cried her heart out as these questions swim through her mind.

+++

A/N: I think I'll be doing short chapters.