《☆11☆》

Eunji wipes her tears with the heal of her palm. She always had social anxiety. She thought it wasn't that severe, but it kind of is. She doesn't feel anything like this when she's around people that she trusts and comfort her. After she was done washing her face, she headed out and saw Sunghoon and Rei getting off the rink, both holding hands, laughing.

She sniffles before walking to them. Sunghoon looks up at her. "Eunji! Where were you? Why's your eyes and nose so red and puffy?" He bombarded her with questions, still holding Rei's hand tightly. She looks down at their hands, intertwined. She looks back and smiles, "I just feel cold," She sniffles again. Her nose is quiet red, just like her rosy cheeks and tinted ears.

"Let's go now?" Rei frowns. Sunghoon smiles at her and nods. They all remove their skates, Sunghoon tries to help Eunji again but this time she doesn't let it happen. "I can do it myself," she says. Sunghoon  slowly nods, biting his lower lip.

They all sit in the car. "Alright, where should we go for lunch?" Sunghoon says. "Actually, I was thinking you could drop me off before we go for lunch, I'm not really in the mood to eat from outside," Eunji speaks up. Rei eyes her in a harsh way from the viewing mirror. Sunghoon turns around to look at Eunji. "Oh, alright," he says and drops her off at her house.

The actual reason isn't because she didn't want to eat from outside. It was because she felt uncomfortable around Rei. Something about her made Eunji think they both wouldn't get along well.

Eunji's POV:

I get off the car, and without saying goodbye, I quickly get inside my house. I enter my room and close the door behind me. I let out a heavy and long sigh before plopping my bag down on the table. I change into something more comfortable and lie down on my bed. Eventually, falling asleep.

-

"Woah...that's really good..." Kyungmin says in awe. I finished my watercolour painting I had to do. It was up on an aisle, the students behind me whispering and chattering on about it. "Great work, Eunji!" The professor pulls me into a side hug. I smile widely. He pats my back and shoos off the crowd. My palms get sweaty as I turn around to see the massive crowd. I excuse myself out of the way and sit on my place.

As I sit down, the professor calls out my name and gestures me to come inside his office. "Yes sir?" I ask him. "As you've seen, your work has gone off the charts. I'd like to offer you for the International Sculpture Expo. There's gonna be the first round where 100 University students are going to participate. The next round is 50 students, and the last is a bare 10 students. 300 art universities around the world are participating. I'd like to send you too. The first 2 rounds will be held in Korea but the last will be in Paris, France," He explains to me.

I widen my eyes. "I- I mean I could try, but a 100 students?!?" I exclaim, not raising my voice. "Yes, but looking at your work I think you'll be able to do it. Only 50 of 100 can go to the next round, meaning the top 50. Same for the last round but 20 particpants and only top 5 will win, 5th place gets a certificate, 4th place gets a medal, third gets a silver trophy, the 2nd gets a gold trophy, and 1st gets a whopping 5 billion won," He says.

I get a stingy feeling in my throat. "I'll try my best, uhm- is that all?" I try to escape this situation. Yes, it's quiet rewarding, but I keep overthinking it. "Yes, but remember the first round will be held in the Suwon arena. You have to have your work ready in 3 months. It's gonna be on 3rd March. You can do anything you would like to sculpt, but it can't be too small. It was to be a bit big," he explains, and I nod along.

"Thank you, professor." I do a slight bow and exit the room.

"What was that about?" Kyungmin asks me, Suri waves at where she is sitting, and we both walk together to her. "Well, I've been selected for the International Sculpture Expo," I mutter. My head down and my eyes focused on my shoes. "Woah... That's great!" Kyungmin exclaims, he smiles brightly, pulling me into a hug. My ears go red, he pats my head as he lets go. "Thanks," I say.

Time passes by, and we all head home. Suri and I walk together, Kyungmin had to go somewhere. "I can't believe it!" She squeals. "Wait- will I be invited to see?" She asks, I nod. She squeals even louder now. I hear a car horn and turn around to see Sunghoon inside his car. He parks it near us and runs up to me, "Sunghoon?" I ask, confused. Suri looks at me and looks at him.

"Sunghoon? Hoon? You mean the one who left you?" Suri asks. I nod. "Hey, it's been a long time," Sunghoon refers to Suri, she shyly nods. "Should I drop you off?" He asks us both. "Isn't your house the opposite direction to mine?" I ask him. "It's alright, get in the car," he says and we walk to his car,"

I was about to sit in the back with Suri, but Sunghoon gestured me to sit on the passenger seat, he opens the door for me and I sit down. He closes it.

"So, did Eunji tell you about what happened recently?" Suri says, jerking to the middle seat to be between me and Sunghoon.

+++

A/N: not really like a cliff hanger or smth it's just that this was becoming a bit too long of a chapter.