Feeling Down

Lara-Lee and Locke were at Knuckles bedroom door as Locke knocked on it.

They can hear sniffling& crying in the background.

Locke asked in concern, "Son? Are you okay?"

Knuckles answered sadly, "Please, leave me alone Dad."

Locke looks at his wife before he said, "Knuckles, son. Not everyone is cut out to be with someone you care about."

Lara-Lee said to her husband with a cold expression, "You're not helping dear."

She then said to her son as she entered her room, "Knuckles, I know you're upset but..."

She trailed off 'while trying to find the right words to say'.

She sees her son 'sobbing on his bed heartbroken'. He keeps looking at the photo of him and Sonic when they were in 2'nd grade.

Knuckles sadly replied to his mother, "What's the point of trying Mom? Sonic isn't the same as he used to be. I don't even know why. I hate it when Sonic is... He is such a nerd. I want the Sonic I know back. I want my clingy and annoying boyfriend back."

Locke said to him, "Technically he's your ex-boyfriend."

Lara-Lee glared at Locke 'who was embarrassed' as Knuckles cried on the pillow.

Lara-Lee said with sarcasm and anger, "Thanks for the help, Locke. You really made it better."

Locke then said 'offensively', "You better keep that sarcasm to yourself woman."

Lara-Lee had an offensive look on her face. She hates being called 'Woman'.

Lara-Lee excused herself before dragging her husband to the hallway and giving him a stern lecture about not just not helping their son but calling her woman.

Knuckles heart was broken as he sighed deeply before he said, "Maybe it was a mistake to... to leave you for Jet. If I just been so loyal to you that day, then none of this wouldn't happen."

That day, Knuckles started to avoid Sonic and his grades started to slip once again.

What was worst, he started to drown his heartaches by getting into fights. With other guys in Emerald High school.

It was going to be hell.