Quiet Reunion

After school, Knuckles arrived at the library.

He needed to study a book report on a story about a tragedy. He said to himself, "Ugh why do I need to write a book report about a tragedy?"

A library worker shushed him before he sighs. Then he heard a familiar voice asking the Librarian, "Excuse me mam, can you tell me where I can find a classy story? I need to write a report for reading class."

The librarian answered as she point, "They happened to be over there young man."

Knuckles turns to see it was Sonic in glasses. The blue hedgehog thanked the librarian before going to the section.

Knuckles gasped. He hasn't seen the blue hedgehog in 2 years. This was his chance.

Once Sonic got the book he wanted, he sat down and started to read quietly.

The blue hedgehog was enjoying the peace without showing it. That is until Knuckles sat down and asked, "Hey four eyes, want some company?"

Sonic looked at him before resuming to read quietly. Knuckles then said, "What? Not happy to see me Blue? Since when you become a quiet nerd?"

Sonic looked at him before asking in a dull tone, "Do I know you?" Knuckles answered with a hint of regret, "I cheated on you with Jet in 7'th grade."

Sonic looks at him before rolling his eyes knowing who it is.

Sonic flatly said, "Oh right. You."

Knuckles looked at Sonic 'who's not focused on him but focused on reading'. Knuckles then said, "I missed you."

Sonic replied 'not paying attention' in a dull tone, "Uh-huh."

Things were quiet between them as Knuckles waited for Sonic to say something but nothing was spoken.

Sonic stood up, checked out the book, and walked off.

Knuckles said as he stood up and caught up with him, "Wait! Don't go!"

Sonic stopped before he asked in a dull tone, "What do you want? To talk down to me or call me annoying? You already made things clear, Knuckles."

He walked off as Knuckles felt his heart sank. He didn't call him Knuckie. That hurt.