Try To Reconnect

It had been an entire month since it happened.

Knuckles couldn't help but wonder if things were going to be okay.

He asked himself in his room, "Why? Why must this happen? Sonic was supposed to be my love life and I screwed up!!"

He then decided to clear his head.

He grabbed his skateboard and goes to the skating park.

He sighed deeply and said, "This reminds me of the time Sonic cheered for me and hugged me. I found it annoying yes but at least he supported me."

But to his surprise, he sees Sonic reading a book on documentaries and psychics.

He walked passed him before Knuckles caught his attention.

He said to him in a flirty tone, "Hey there 4-eyes."

Sonic looked at him but said nothing.

Knuckles then asked in a cool way, "I'm just going to the skating park. Want to come?"

Sonic answered him with a mature tone, "No thank you. That place is for careless kids."

Knuckles was a little offended before he said as he stepped in front of him, "Come on, for old time sake.  I've been practicing on some new moves that may impress you."

Sonic replied to him in a well mannered tone, "No thanks. I have other things to do then watch some uncultured skater boy."

Knuckles asked with his arms crossed, "Like what? Going to the library? You really are not fun."

Sonic answered him with a snobby tone, "That is the point. There is no fun anymore. Besides I don't give a care. So run along and flirt with some girls or something."

Knuckles frowned before he carried his skateboard and took Sonics hand 'who was still reading'.

Knuckles said to him as they walked to the skating park, "You have no choice 4-eyes. And I'm not giving you any other choice."

Sonic said nothing to him while reading. Once there, Sonic sat down.

Knuckles smirked and said, "Trust me Sonic your going to be impressed. We haven't hung out here since 7'th grade."

Sonic rolled his eyes and had a boring expression on his face.

He was reading his book and didn't pay attention.

When Knuckles started skateboarding and showing his moves to Sonic 'who was not paying attention' the atmosphere between them was no different.

He didn't hear Sonic cheering for him. Just silence.

He skid and said, "Hey Sonic look what I can do." He winked at him standing on one foot.

Sonic said with a bored tone while reading, "Yeah that's nice Knuckles. Don't injure yourself."

Knuckles was a little not impressed by Sonics response.

Though when Knuckles finished with super cool move, he sees Sonic was not looking at him.

He asked Sonic as he leaned on a skateboard, "So what cha think babe?"

Sonic 'still reading' said 'not paying attention and was not impressed', "Yeah, nice."

Knuckles frowned and asked, "You didn't pay attention?"

Sonic answered him as he cleaned his glasses, "I rather pay attention to my teacher than you. It's pointless."

Knuckles was not happy about this and said, "Sonic. This is a skating park not a library. You haven't looked at my moves."

Sonic sighed deeply and said as he stood up in a mannered tone, "It's not exactly my problem. Besides, skatings for people that careless about their future rather than what happens to them."

He walked off as Knuckles looked in shock.

Knuckles facepalmed and said, "Ugh. Not a single cheer or hug."

Sonic once cheered and hugged Knuckles and told him how amazing he did.

But now it's nothing but tense silence between them.