Clingy/Unfocused

Middle school 7'th grade.

Knuckles was talking to a classmate of his from math class. That's when Sonic runs to him and said, "Hey Knuckie."

Knuckles coldly said, "I told you more than once to stop calling me that."

Sonic asked nicely as he clings to him, "But aren't we dating?"

Knuckles replied as the classmate chuckled about how cute they are, "Just stop! Your embarrassing me enough."

Sonic was a little hurt by this as he asked, "Why are you acting like this Knuckie? Don't you love me?"

Knuckles rolled his eyes and said, "I don't wanna talk about it."

Things weren't always like this. Sonic and Knuckles knew each other since 2'nd grade. They started dating in 5'th grade after Knuckles confessed and things were a little smooth between them.

But over time in middle school Knuckles started to see Sonic as noisy, annoying, and clingy.

Sonic kept getting hurt by him. He was a little unfocused that he only gets B's and C's.

Sonic had pleading eyes and asked, "Are you free tonight?" Knuckles replied as he pushed him away, "Not even close. Now go away. Your so clingy."

Sonic asked, "What's wrong with that?" Knuckles ignores him as he and a classmate walked into class.

Sonic felt a little down before he went to science class.

During class, he was a a little unfocused. Luckily his teachers are more understanding.

One of them 'his science teacher (A green possum with matching green eyes) with said as he noticed his unfocused attention, "Uhh Mr. Hedgehog? You may need to focus."

He then asked as he looked at Sonics hurt expression, "Hey, you feeling okay?" Sonic answered, "No sir. I'm just hurt is all."

The teacher was a little concern as much as his other teachers are.

Sonic sighed deeply as he got another B on his test. The teacher said with compassion, "Mr. Hedgehog, if something is bothering you, you may need to see the counselor after school. Remember there are only a few days left until you enter 8'th grade. Your a little lucky that your passing and all but your parents told me you need to get straight A's. So you..."

Though there talk was interrupted when a student came in and said, "Teacher, Manics picking a fight again."

The science teacher muttered, "Oh man, who ticked him off this time?" He turns to Sonic and said, "Don't forget to visit Ms. Wedy at the counselors office. Right now I need to stop your brother from killing someone. Again."

He walks off as Sonic did what he needed to do. He sought out the counselor.

He told Ms. Wedy (a Ruby red fox with orange hair) everything that happened lately.

Ms. Wedy replied nicely, "My oh my. You have been dating Knuckles? That's weird. I saw him with another boy this morning. He was holding his hand."

Sonics eyes widened at this. He never knew Knuckles was seeing someone else. Sonic looked down and said, "Oh God. He was with another boy? Are you sure?"

Ms. Wedy nodded in honesty and said, "I'm sure. I saw them at the breakfast line earlier. I thought you knew about that. Anyways. I'll contact your parents. This must be hard to hear."

Sonics heart sunk for hearing what she said. It couldn't be true. Could it?