38 | thanksgiving sucks, babe

S2 E9

S2 E9

thanks for the memories

MADDISON SAT ON A bench outside the hospital exit, pulling her jacket around her because of the cold.

Liam walks by inside the hospital and looks at the intern sitting in the cold. He pauses, then walks off.

After a few moments, a thick overcoat drops around Maddison's shoulders, making her look up and see Liam.

"Hey." He smiles, and walks around.

"Hi." She gives him a half smile, as he sits down next to her.

"What are you doing out in the cold?" He asks the intern.

"Bailey threw me out, because I sneezed in the ER." Maddison tells him, making Liam raise an eyebrow. "Okay, she didn't throw me out, she told me to go home."

"So, why are you sitting here?" Liam asks.

"Because!" Maddison sighs. "Because, it's stupid thanksgiving! It's the season of festivals! Now, it's stupid thanksgiving, then it'll be annoying Christmas , and then, before you know it, it'll be irritating new years."

"I'm guessing, you're not big on holidays." Liam gives her a small smile, making her sigh.

"I'm not big on celebrations." Maddison tells him.

"Really?" Liam replies, sarcastically, making her eyes narrow.

"I don't get why people like these stupid holidays so much." Maddison grumbles.

"Well, it's an excuse to party, drink and dance." Liam shrugs. "People like excuses to get together with family and friends."

Maddison turns away from him, making Liam's eyebrows furrow.

"Yeah..." She whispers, a sad look in her eyes. She gets up, handing the coat back to him. "Thanks for the coat."

She starts to walk in, but Liam's eyebrows furrow.

"Maddison?" He questions, standing up.

"I'll, uh, I'll talk to you later." She gives him a half hearted smile.