35 | nobody likes a smartass

S2 E8

S2 E8

let it be

"WHEN YOU SAID DATE, I don't think I could've imagined this." Maddison tells him, sitting down at the blanket.

"I aim to surprise." Liam chuckles, walking up with two glasses and a bottle of champagne.

"I like surprises." Maddison replies, as he sits down next to her.

"I know." He smirks, making Maddison scoff, and hit his chest.

"Nobody likes a smartass." Maddison says, wrapping her arms around himself, feeling cold.

Liam takes another blanket and pulls it over them. They both look at the view of Seattle from the cliff they were sitting on.

"Well that can be true." He tells her. "I like you."

Maddison narrows her eyes at him playfully.

"You know, what I've always wanted to do?" She asks him, leaning towards him and he hums. "I have always wanted to fool around on a cliff."

"Oh, yeah?" Liam smirks, as he leans back and Maddison follows, putting her hands on his chest.

Maddison puts her hands on his cheeks and he pulls the girl in with his hand on her neck, kissing her. Maddison melts into the kiss, but pulls away after a moment.

"I hope you know, this is not me forgiving you." Maddison tells me.

"Oh, trust me, I know you enough to know that I have a really long road of, what was it?" He teases. "Begging and groveling ahead of me."

"Uh-huh." She nods, laughing and he pulls her into a kiss again.

MEREDITH AND MADDISON STAND near the bed of an elderly woman and her husband.

"Esme wanted to wait until tomorrow to see her doctor but she hasn't been able to keep anything down since yesterday so I brought her in." The elderly woman's husband tells them.

"Mrs. Sorrento you have acute cholecystitis which means that your gall bladder may have to come out." Meredith tells them.

"She has gall stones?" The husband asks.