Blue Is The Sky And Blue Is You

♪ Ima demo ao ga sunde iru ♪
♪ Ima demo ao wa sunde iru ♪
♪ Donna inori mo kotoba mo ♪
♪ Chikazukeru no ni, todokanakatta ♪

The same song that has been playing on loop for the past fifteen minutes is interrupted by none other than the singer himself.

“Looks like someone likes my singing.” Gojo says as he leans against the door frame.

Lounging on the expensive chair in Gojo’s room, Sukuna raises an eyebrow at the sorcerer who has just arrived. “You sang that?”

Gojo hums as he goes over and turns off the radio. He takes out the tape and keeps it carefully inside the drawer, all the while having all four of Sukuna’s eyes trailing after him.

“What can I say? I’m good at everything I try.” Gojo gives him a playful shrug.

“Figures. Only you would write a song that has a cheerful tone but with sad lyrics.” Sukuna makes a face at him, unimpressed.

“Aww you know me so well.” Gojo teases as he turns around, though his tone lacks the usual playful edge in it.

Sukuna sees through him. “A past lover?”

“Nope~” Gojo denies it and pulls him up from the chair, ushering him towards the door.

“Alright, it’s almost time for the mission. Remember, when it looks like someone is going to die, intervene. If any of my previous students die under your watch, you’re to blame.”

“If you care so much, babysit them yourself.” Sukuna rolls his eyes.

He’s pushed out the door by the shoulders before the door shuts behind him. He rolls his shoulders before tucking his hands into his pocket. As his feet carry him towards the school gate, he finds that his mind is still lingering on a certain song…

---

When they’re all squeezed inside the car that Ijichi is driving, the first years’ noisy banter gets cut off abruptly by Sukuna’s sudden question.

“Fushiguro Megumi, did Gojo Satoru have a lover?”

All eyes turn to him once the question leaves his lips. The car is eerily silent until Nobara, who’s sitting shotgun, decides to speak.

“Is the great Ryoumen I’m-too-good-for-gossip Sukuna curious about someone else’s love life?” The first thing Nobara does is to mock him with a raised eyebrow.

“And Gojo-sensei’s at that!” Yuuji, who’s sitting next to him, adds.

Nobara scoffs. “I don’t think anyone can handle Gojo’s ego.”

Sukuna clicks his tongue but doesn’t seem too bothered by Nobara’s rudeness towards him, given the beef between them. He then turns to Megumi, who’s sitting the farthest from him.

“Well?” Sukuna prompts.

Megumi takes his time to answer. “Well, Ijichi would know better than me, since he knew Gojo-sensei earlier.”

He successfully manages to divert Sukuna’s attention away from himself and onto poor Ijichi, who’s starting to sweat profusely in his seat.

“Hey,” Sukuna’s voice is low and menacing as his red eyes are fixed on the driver.

Ijichi swallows nervously, feeling the weight of Sukuna’s gaze bearing down on him. “W-well, to my knowledge, Gojo-san never had a lover.” He doesn’t even dare to look at the rearview mirror.

“Then what’s that song for?”

When Sukuna doesn’t elaborate, Ijichi could only force himself to ask. “M-may I ask what song are you referring to?”