Chapter 8

TW: Blood (sorry)

Kavehs POV

Finally it was the day when the constructions would start.

I had worked my butt off on the blueprint and I managed to make a design that was both practical and visually pleasing without going out of budget or having to change too much.

There was no probability for a withering zone to form at the spot, since, well it's the desert and Eremites or Hilichurls shouldn't be a problem.

• • •

I could feel that Alhaitham was anxious about me going. I should ne the one worrying not him.

"I'll be fine. They've checked the zone and It's safe" I guaranteed him for the hundreth time.

I was having breakfast and now that Alhaitham knew we were going to be separated for almost a week he got really clingy for the rest of the morning.

Then it was the afternoon and I had to leave to meet my client and the construction worker to go to the desert.

I only wanted to stay for less than a week to see how the construction was starting and if the materials were exactly what we ordered and had been delivered correctly, but the workers were staying longer so we built some tents to stay in.

That's why I was going to take a small bag with me.

Once I was ready to leave Alhaitham hugged me tightly.

"Please...take care, Kaveh" he mumbled, nuzzling against my neck.

I chuckled "Alhaitham. I'll be just fine. Don't worry! I'll be back before you'll even notice"

We shared a long goodbye kiss and then it was already time to depart.

I'll admit I was a little sad having to leave and while walking through the streets of Sumeru I already started missing Alhaitham, but this was my chance to get the money to pay my debts.

Alhaithams POV

I hadn't heard of Kaveh in three days.

I know it is kind of difficult to send letters from the desert, but still. There had to be a way, right?

Without Kaveh the house felt empty and my bed cold.

I hadn't really thought about how much I'd miss him, but without him hours felt like days and nothing seemed to distract me from thinking about him.

I used to spend all my time in Kaveh's room, even sleeping in his bed, because it smelled like him and it made me feel close to him, like he was right next to me.

The only thing I could do right now is wait, work and distract myself from the loneliness.

• • •

Another boring and eternal day passed by and when I was about to sleep someone knocked on our door.

"Is Kaveh back already?!" was my first thought, but then I realised I wouldn't make sense since building a whole school doesn't take that short.