Chapter 1

IMAGE IS NOT MINE!

TW: Self harm, alcohol, yelling, blood

22:00, Alhaithams POV

I walked into Lambards Tavern. I looked around and there he was. 

"Kaveh...?" I walked up to him and sat next to him by the counter. He looked really drunk and miserable. Then he looked up at me, his eyes puffy and red and started crying again.

"Shhh... I'm so sorry Kaveh... Let it all out..." I hugged him feeling really bad, that was definetly the worst argument we had. I also mentioned his past which I deeply regret now.

Kaveh hold tight onto me, burying his head into my shoulder. I rubbed his back and waited until he calmed down. I payed for his drinks and try and help him up. But of course he was too drunk to walk so I sighed and carried him home.

On my way there I realised he had fallen asleep. Although I wanted to wake him up and make him walk,I found myself feeling something.

We both arrived home and once I was inside I walked up to Kavehs room and layed him down on his bed. He looked so peaceful... 

The fight popped inside of my head again...

A few hours ago...

"I'M JUST SICK, KAVEH! WHY DON'T YOU EVEN TRY?! NO WONDER YOUR CLIENTS ARE ALWAYS UNSATISFIED WITH YOUR WORK! IF YOU CONTINUE LIKE THAT YOU'LL END UP JUST LIKE YOUR MOTHER"

I regretted those words instantly.

Kaveh just looked at me. Hurt, with teary eyes.

Before I could say anything he stormed out of the house, slamming the door.

"Fuck" I mumbled.

I messed up bad. My thoughts started racing. I had gone to far mentioning his mom. I masaged my temples, thinking of a solution.

I knew he would probably go to the tavern and drink his thoughts away so I decided to let him cool down there to later pick him up...

Back to the present...

I took Kavehs shoes off, hoping I wasn't going to wake him up. Then I carefully slid off Kavehs cape and put it over the backrest of his desk chair. Then I saw in the bin something that turned my world upside down.

The trashcan was full of bloddy tissues.

Really bloody tissues...

And then I noticed a cutter hidden between all the bloody stuff...

He didn't, right? He possibly wasn't hurting himself, right?!

I looked back at him, sleeping in his bed. Then I imagined Kaveh with the cutter and the image horrified me.

For once, I didn't know what to do. How was I going to help him? I'm not good at expresing my feelings or worse, understanding others. 

He looked so- so- normal right now... How?

I wanted to apologise. We once were friends... how did it end like this? There was so much I wanted to say...