Chapter 18

Author's Note:
To my dear friend K,
You are the Maya.
You are the Zaara.
You are the female lead.
It's just two dimensions of you.
You will get what you want because I want a happy ending for you.♥️

Maya's POV

"I am coming home, pa." I called my dad and muttered in a low voice. I couldn't live in this city for the time being.

"Is everything alright?" He asked worriedly.

No. It's not.

"Yup! I will be there by tomorrow morning. Pick me up at 8 a.m. at the railway station." I said that and disconnected the call.

I didn't want to lengthen my conversation, as he could sense my feelings easily.

I could have gone by myself from the railway station to home. But I didn't want to.

I want someone to protect me, though I can protect myself. I want someone to care for me the way they would care for their loving child, spouse, or friend, or at least like a pet of theirs.

I got on the train to come back to the place that was filled with memories of him.

I miss you, Jai.

That was the only thought that kept rewinding in my brain to the rhythms of the train rumbling.

I wish I could be by his side just the way we used to be.

I wanted Jai to be Chris. But now I want my Jai back. I am going back to him, though I know that he is not there anymore.

My mind is flooded with Jai's memories, and my eyes are flooded with tears.

It was one hell of a night that I struggled to get through. The almost kiss with Christo was the major reason for all this. It triggered everything I had and everything I lost along the way. It made me feel worthless for love, just the way I felt once with Jai.

At least I had hope when it was Jai.

After a long struggle, my brain switched off to give temporary relief to all the shoes I was facing in this hell life.

***************************************

Tea, chai, coffee, tea, chai, coffee

That song by the vendors from the railways woke me up.

I took my phone to check the time when I noticed the notifications from Ruby.

Ruby: Did he make you coffee? Or again, is there a disturbance from anyone?

I hesitated to open the message, but I never gave a late reply to anyone unless I was really busy. So I opened the chat and started replying to her.

Me: I will meet you today because I am finally coming home.

She read it the moment I sent it, and she immediately called me.

Ruby calling...

"Hey, is everything alright?" She started talking the moment I attended the call, as she might be worried about me.

"Hmmm! I can't stop loving him. But I can't continue hurting myself in the process of loving him. I need a break." I muttered.

"You can stop loving him if you want to." She said this because she was not a big supporter of my love.

"I did it for years, and I will continue to do the same." I said.

"He never reciprocated it, right? So why this self-destructive love?" She asked out of concern.

"He reciprocated my feelings when he was Jai."