Chapter 6

She saw us right when we got out of our home. As we approached close to her, she started to panic, like I was about to do something to her.

But she is not the one who reacted a lot in that situation. It wasn't Rohan. It was her dog that reacted a lot more than necessary in that situation.

Her dog tried to unleash herself from her hands and attack us. It probably held vengeance from past lives.

As I was a little afraid of dogs, I didn't go close to her gate and instead took a turn on the street right to her house.

After a few steps, as I turned to look at her, I saw her relieved.

I didn't have a plan to scare her, but she was scared of me. But I could equally sense a thrill and joy in her face.

Her smirk in the corners of her lips is telling me to go closer to her. But her eyes are telling otherwise. What should I do?

As I was pondering my thoughts while walking away from her home, Rohan said, "Is this stunt necessary?"

"Yup! She loved it!" I could sense that, but Rohan didn't feel okay with it.

"Hey! Just go and talk to her, Chris. This won't take your relationship anywhere." Rohan said it with concern. I, too, could sense that.

"What can I say? She already knows that I am interested in her. Should I confess it?" I asked him, as I couldn't figure out what I could possibly do to build a conversation with her.

"Just ask her for a date. Maybe a coffee together?" Rohan said and it was a great idea. She loves coffee.

"Should I ask by myself?"

"Yes, you should." Rohan uttered.

"Can you please accompany me?"

"Not gonna talk for you," Rohan blurted.

"No talking. Just stand next to me. I will ask; you just stay quiet, and if no disaster happens, we are both safe." I chuckled.

"So we will be ending up in jail if she thinks of you as a stalker, right?" Rohan asked out of curiosity.

Even I am curious. Is she really interested in me? Because, I couldn't sense that in her eyes when she saw me.

While we were arguing about how to ask her for a date, she went past us with her dog.

"Shooooo!" I whispered to stop Rohan from blabbering about our plans.

"She is trying to give you a moment." Rohan whispered in my ears as soon as he saw her.

"Yup. Just stay silent." I murmured in Rohan's ear and started tracing her footsteps.

Her pace was slower than usual, and she was nervous.

I was equally nervous, and she was not the only reason for it. I chose to talk while I was walking behind her, as her dog was making me more nervous than she was.

"Hey! Can we meet at the corner coffee shop today?" I uttered it in a low voice, trying not to act like a weirdo.

To my surprise, she nodded her head up and down as a positive response.✨