Chapter 5

"Hey! Are you home?" I said it while grabbing my cricket kit bag, and I left the practice ground one hour early.

"I am not home. But no worries. The key to our home is under the doormat as always." Rohan said on the call.

"Okay! Bye bye!" I said and disconnected the call. I skipped my evening practice and rushed home to see her, though it wouldn't matter a lot to her.

I came home two hours before she would come home, and I used those extra hours to get ready like a charming playboy.

I gave a wet look to my hair, and I wore a grey shirt hoodie with my usual track pants. I don't want to overdress, but I still wanted to look a bit nicer to her.

As I was waiting near my front gate, she came home with her father.

Her eyes never turned to look at me, but she somehow sensed my presence.

Ahhh! She might not have even noticed the new hoodie.

I sighed and went in after 30 minutes of waiting.

"Hey! Did you see your Juliet?" Rohan asked while entering the house.

"Yes!" I sighed, though the answer was positive.

"Okay! But it seems she is waiting for you at the grocery store. As I came on my bike, I saw her eyes wandering more than usual." Rohan said it in his usual mocking tone.

"She must be waiting to say her name today." I jumped in joy and hurried to the front door.

While I got near my front gate, I noticed her crossing my home with her eyes gazing at my house.

Yuhoooo! She is interested.

But as soon as she saw me, she tried to act casual by suddenly shifting her gaze to her phone, which was not even ringing.

I didn't know whether it was okay to follow her when her home was just a few steps away.

So I stood near the door to see her enter her home. Once she was out of my sight, I came home, enthusiastically leaped on my sofa, and started jumping.

"Hey! If you break it, I won't replace it, and we will be living without a sofa." Rohan said as soon as he entered the living room with a pack of chips in his hand.

"Hey!! It works. Everything works. I think she is interested in me." I said it enthusiastically, but he kept his focus on the chip packet.

"Say something, Roh! Say I look great in this gray hoodie. Maybe she was impressed by my outfit." I chuckled.

"You look great as usual. And she might be really interested. I too can sense that." He uttered the words that I wanted to hear.

"Okay! Let's do something." I said.

"I am not going to jail with you." He uttered.

"Just come with me." I dragged him outside and started walking towards her home.