Chapter 10

Zaara's POV

He was right in front of me. Inches away. The dim, flickering street light sets the ambiance of the candlelight dinner. His silver eyes were literally sparkling in those yellow lights. His beauty made me numb to pain until he took his phone out to call someone.

"What?" I asked in confusion.

"Let me call Christo!" He said and turned his gaze to the phone to dial him.

"No! I can take care of myself." I murmured out of anger, attempting to stand on my own.

As I tried to get up, my legs started to tremble out of pain, and finally I realized I couldn't. I lost my balance again, and I was falling until he placed his hands between me and the road. He caught me. His broad shoulders enveloped me from the back, while his right hands acted as a barricade to stop me from falling. The cold air that surrounded us suddenly turned warm under his embrace.

I never experienced it before, and I never want to experience it with anyone else.

As I couldn't even take a step forward, he placed his hand across my shoulders and helped me take a step. His right hands were across my shoulders while I held the pink finger of his left hand unconsciously.

While I realized it, I didn't want to pull that way.

"Do you want me to take you home, or should I call someone?" He asked worriedly.

"I can walk home." I said, though I clearly knew I couldn't.

He didn't let go of me because he too knew that I couldn't walk by myself.

He helped me take little steps to get to my home. Those few minutes felt like a lifetime that's worth living again and again.

Once I reached close to my home, I left his pinky finger, but still, he had his hand on my shoulders.

The dog started to bark at us at the door, and that brought my father out.

"Hey! What happened?" He rushed to me. My Mona Lisa painting delivered me to my father by gently releasing his hold. Once he was no longer close, I could suddenly feel the pain again.

"Ahh! I fell down." I told my dad.

"She was lying on the ground, so I helped her." He explained it to my dad.

My dad said, "Thank you," and carefully took me to the chair in the portico.

After hearing thank you, he didn't wait for a moment there. He started to walk to get his bike, which was abandoned on the streets. I couldn't stop staring at him as my parents were busy looking for a first-aid kit.

He sensed something, so he turned to look at my eyes, which were already staring at him.