𝔉𝔦𝔣𝔱𝔢𝔢𝔫

𐬽𐬼ᒪOᘜᗩᑎ𐬽𐬼

𝗜 𝗗𝗜𝗗𝗡'𝗧 𝗟𝗜𝗞𝗘 the fact about going to a witch, but Cain was right. If I want to find her, I'll have to get the help. Cain pulled into a parking lot and placed the car in park.

"According to everyone I've asked, this is it."

I gazed ahead, looking at a building in front of us. "Is that a library?"

"Yeah."

"And where'd you get this information?"

"Mmm...a few places." Cain hesitates. He got out quickly after turning the car off. Tana was tagging along in silence. It was best for her not to speak or say anything.

We got out and the it felt colder than usual. The three of us went up to the picket gates and stared. The smell of alcohol struck my nose and I squinted.

"He's a drinker?"

"Famous for it." Cain mumbles. So he asked around at bars. I don't see why he was so reluctant about that but whatever. Tana pushed the gate open and it creaked.

There's a long grass path that leads up to a hill where the building sits. We all strolled up and I gazed around. It's deserted. A bit dramatic if you ask me. But a library? There's no way this person lives here. Then again who am I to judge? I live in a family heirloom.

Generations after generations passed down. I'll never abandon it either.

"What's his name?" Tana finally asks. I kept my head forward as we got closer and closer.

"Julian. Julian Omed. They say he's been in the game for a very long time but stopped after a while."

"So you're bringing us to a Warlock that may not even help us?" Cain looked back at me and shrugged as he began walking backwards.

"Maybe?"

I shook my head. "I can't believe this."

"Maybe he'll help. I have faith." I squint in his direction and he faced forward again. He's hiding something.

"Whatever it is you're hiding I'll find out."

"I'm not hiding anything I promise."

Tana snorted. "Liar."

We got to the door and Cain stepped up. Everything is pitch dark. Cain knocked on the double doors and we waited. The silence was thick, but I did listen out for anything.

The smell of alcohol was strong with something else that stank of something sweet. Maybe even too sweet. Candy? Sugar?

Cain knocked again but this time it was more a pounding. I heard faint dragging of bare feet, almost as if someone was sneaking their way somewhere. Cain was about to knock again but I stopped him.

"Shh. He's coming." The dragging got closer and closer and eventually, it stopped right in front of us. Just on the other side of that door.

I stared at it, waiting.

"Open up Julian!"

There was a grin before eventually, the door was pulled open. It echoed upon opening and eventually it came to a halt, revealing a tall man on the other side.