Chapter 8

Archie

I was trying my hardest not to be a nervous freak, but this was my first time ever being surrounded by a pack of wolves. I heard that this was the largest and strongest pack in the west coast. The house alone looked like a castle.

"Let's go inside, ignore them," said the alpha as he shoved one of the lousy ones out of his way before walking us to the door.

"What about my bags...?" I looked back seeing the maids walking in a row, carrying all my stuff with them. Of course they had servants here, he was literally living a life of royalty here.

"Forget about the bags. A room has already been prepared for you." We walked up the stairs and found a woman holding a tray of cookies in her hands, smiling welcomingly at me. Jason sighed. "Meet my mother, former Luna of our pack."

"Hello!" she waved giddily at me. She was smiling to the point where it began freaking me out. "You must be Archie. They told me so much about you."

What? But I just met all these people. Who could've possibly told her anything about me?

Oh, wait...I know...

Mia!!!

"Hi," I said a little shy, but the woman was being nice to me, it would only be fair if I returned the favor. "Nice meeting you ma'am."

"Please, just call me Belinda. Want to have a cookie?"

I looked at those cookies and they smelled like they were freshly baked out of the oven. So I reached out to grab one only to have Jason smack it out of my hand.

"What the hell?!" i snapped at him and it made everyone go silent as if raising your voice to the alpha was a death warrant.

Jason gave me a neutral look, his jaws clenching. "My mother over here, mistook the salt for sugar. I can smell it."

"Huh?" I frowned not knowing what he even meant by that right before he dragged my arm and pulled me inside.

"Take her to her room," he said to one of the servants standing next to the door.

I looked back feeling bad because the lady was kind enough to bake me cookies and with so much effort. The look in her eyes was that of confusion and when she was taken away I looked at Jason to ask him why he did that.

We reached some stairs and there I jerked my arm away. "How could be so rude to your mother?"

"I wasn't being rude. I was just saving you from eating those horrible cookies."

"Horrible?"

"Yes, she put in salt instead of sugar. Couldn't smell the salt in those cookies?"

Oh, that's why he did it. But then why would she give me salted cookies? I know. It's because she doesn't like me!

Now I was even more creeped out. It turned out the crazy alpha's family was just as crazy as him. I'd better watch out for that woman and find out why she would possibly want to give me salted cookies. Jason was acting as if it was a normal thing, clearly because he was defending her!

And here I wanted him to claim me! I was going to be like one of those girls in those Indian tv shows with their evil mother-in-laws, doing whatever it takes to sabotage their marriage lives. Only in those cases they used poison and not salt!

"Come." Jason nodded up the stairs.

This time he didn't force me to follow him, so I willingly followed him up the stairs. A lot of thoughts were racing in my mind, so much that I didn't bask in how beautiful and massive the house looked on the inside.

It really felt like I was taking a stroll through a royal castle, wondering where he was taking me.

He stopped at a room and then I grew worried that he wanted to have sex with me again. Not that I was fully against the idea, but my backside hurt and I wasn't going to let him use me just to dump aside.

"This will be your room," he said.

"Am I not sharing a room with you?"

His eyes darkened as he looked at me. "Frankly it's pretty clear to me that you don't want to land in the same room as I. So just take what you receive, brat." he folded his arms and gestured for me to go in.

I tossed my eyes to the--

"Dare to roll your eyes at me one more time and then you're having it!"

I pouted instead. I could've easily rolled my eyes at him, but I just didn't have it in me. Provoking him would only get me to submit to him and currently I was trying to work against that.

I looked around the room and expected it to be a descent size, but it was double the size of my apartment. It had a large king sized bed in the middle, covered in grey sheets. A small couch to the left with a whole tv installation set up on the wall. To the right was a door to the bathroom and another door to the closet.

"Tomorrow we'll leave to buy you clothes."

"I don't need new clothes," I told him, refusing to accept any money from him. "The agreement was that I stayed here till it was all over. I still have a life and I do plan on going back to work."

"You call that work?" his eyes narrowed. "That's no job and no luna of mine will there."

"Don't speak of me as if I am just another one of your flings!" i shouted angrily at him and suddenly the windows of the bedroom shattered.

Shards of glass was flying everywhere. Jason moved swiftly, tackling me towards the bed and as soon as I landed he covered me with sheets first and then used his body as a shield.

When it was all over, pack guards came storming in. I waited for him to get off me before I quickly got off the bed, startled by what just happened. Did those men in their dark cloaks come back?

"Are you okay?" he asked me. His back and the side of his neck had pieces of glass pierced into his skin.

"What happened?!" another came in.

The alpha ignored him, checking my face and then he set me down carefully. When we looked at the room, everything else was still in place. All that really happened was the windows imploding in on the room right after I lost my temper.

The truth was that in those tiny moments when I yelled at him, for brief second I felt something I just couldn't tell what it is.

"Justin, how is this possible?" he spoke to the one who had come in just now. "This has magic written all over it, I can smell it."

"The guards haven't noticed any witches trespassing, not after the George forest incident!"

"Of course not!" He snapped. "Because no witch infiltrated in the first place! Someone hexed my mate!!!" his voice boomed and even I felt shivers down my spine. "Tell Josh to bring that witch right this instant! The rest of you, I want all the witches from surrounding covens captured and brought here. I want answers and I willing to spill blood till I do find them!"