Chapter 10

Archie

After listening to Jason explaining everything to me, I couldn't believe it myself.

"I'm a witch? That doesn't make any sense at all!"

"You're a werewitch," said Micayla, the witch who did the whole voodoo testing spell on me. "In many stories and folktales you were only a myth, but it seems that it is all true. You're a hybrid of both species and the witches you thought attacked you, didn't attack you. You were spellbound and they used an unbinding spell."

"Spellbound?"

"Yes. It's a magic spell that allows a witch to seal away their magic and your magic has been sealed away up until now. It's manifesting and even I can feel it. The power is coming in waves and you need to learn to control it."

I was even more confused now. My whole life I was a werewolf, i believed I was one. I may not liked werewolf packs, but I liked being who and what I am. It turned out that half of it was all just a lie. I never met my parents, I was raised at an orphanage. One of them must've been a witch.

I looked over my shoulder at Jason who was standing behind me, carrying his usual grumpy look on his face.

"Does this mean that someone else sealed away my magic to hide me?" I then asked. If all those was true then what would that mean for me? Just when I didn't want any part in werewolf packs and their war against the witches, I got placed right in the center of it all. "Do I have to pick sides now? Werewolf or witch?

I didn't want any of this. I wasn't going to accept this power.

Micayla smiled warmly at me and then gently squeezed my hand. "No, I don't what the reason is behind all this or why this is even possible, but if you really think about it...the fact that you are mated with the alpha of this pack means something. You are special and maybe you were born, to unite all of us. You are the key to ending this war--"

"That's enough gibberish coming from you!" Jason interrupted her before he pulled her off the couch. "You have outstayed your welcome. We got what we needed from you, it's time for you to leave."

"What are you doing, Jason?" I got up. "She just helped and you're going to kick her out just like that?"

"Don't listen to a word she says to Archibald! Witches are evil! They never cared about a peace. Since they were brought into this world, they tried to destroy it!"

"Not all witches are the same!" Micayla jerked her arm away and then she raised her hand warningly. "Like it or not, Jason Roux. That omega is powerful and what us witches need from the tyranny of you and those filths that call themselves the sacred circle!"

"Tyrant or not, I do whatever it takes to protect my pack and my town. In my book all of you are the same."

"Does that also include your mate?"

Jason went silent after she asked him that and I also wanted him to answer. He looked at me and his gaze softened for a bit. He didn't know how to answer he.

"He is not like the rest of you. He is the Luna of this pack and the last thing he needs is for you to burden him with shit your elders keep on doing! It's his sins, I will not allow him to fix shit he didn't break. He never wanted a part in this and as his alpha it is my duty to protect him."

Hearing those words made heat travel from my chest to my cheeks. This whole time I thought that Jason didn't care about what I wanted and that forcing me to be here was just him doing whatever he wanted. He was being observant and it felt like he was going to respect any decision I made if I wanted to reject this power. For once in my life I felt safe and free in some weird way.

Micayla looked at me, clearly showing signs of her approval. It was no secret to me that witches were cruel and hateful, but today I saw that not all of them were the same. The way she looked at me when she found out that I had magic, was as if hope filled her eyes along with shock and disbelief.

It started to feel like there was something she wasn't telling us.

"I will take my leave," she said and then nodded at me. "And don't be a stranger kid. You're one of us now too and I am always willing to help a fellow witch."

"Close the door on your way out!" Jason said waving his hand dismissively at her before moving behind me again, his arm coming around me like a shield and his nose brushing against my neck.

"I'll leave the room to you two then," added Josh before joining the witch.

"Oh, and Josh..."

"I know...no one in the pack will know."

Later that day, Jason was taking me to a new room prepared for me. He was carrying all my bags this time and I was following right behind him.

I wasn't silent but the whole time I wanted to form the words to thank him for standing up for me, even though it wasn't the best way possible. For some reason it felt to me like Micayla had no bad intentions, it wasn't a gut feeling, it just felt that way.

Honestly, I didn't even know what this meant for me and if being a witch and werewolf was destined to happen.