Chapter 12

Jason

I watched as the omega began relaxing as soon as the hot water hit his skin. All the tense muscles visibly relaxing as he leaned into my chest.

I had sex with many before, even shared a shower with a couple of them, but usually it was just to clean up after the job is done and then move on. Just having him lean into me like that gave me this warm feeling inside.

At the same time I didn't precisely know what to do next. Whether I should hold him or pin him to the wall, the way he liked it. Lately I've become more and more horny, probably because I haven't marked him yet and one of us will be going into rut or heat soon. I felt more confident being my ruthless alpha self, but whenever it came to showing affection I was as dumb as a mutt.

My father died when I was young, so I never saw what or how mates needed to behave when around each other just like how most kids see relationships for the first time, from their parents.

Everyone in my pack were lovesick puppies and wanted a life partner to be with. At some point in my life I saw the whole thing as a curse. How we let one goddess or being decide for us who we were fated to be with and that life loses its meaning the moment we are without them for too long.

At some point it was seen as a weakness, weakness those mages mercilessly exploited. Many believed that my father was the alpha of this pack but those inside it knew that it wasn't true. The one alpha before me, was my mother.

She was the alpha of this pack and just like every other alpha before her, they killed her mate. The loss was so great that the damage done to her mental state was irreparable. She was no longer the proud and strong alpha people knew her as.

I didn't want that to happen to me, so I cut myself off from everyone. I didn't make many friends and feared that if I did get mixed with too many people I'd discover my mate and then find it hard to stay away from them.

Unfortunately fate had other plans for me and now even I had a weakness. For some reason it didn't feel like a weakness anymore...

Soon Archie began to notice that I was standing like robot, not doing anything when he leaned into my chest like that, so he pulled away. The hollow it left behind felt unpleasant, making me frown even.

He turned around and looked up at me. "Your mother...What happened to her?"

I found it odd for him to ask me that, especially when I was just thinking about it. "She became like that ever since my father died. He got burned on a stake by witches."

"Oh, that's terrible..."

"That's how life is, little one. Witches and werewolf haven't always been at odds like this. It started ever since their council grew power hungry and began using dark magic."

He looked down at his hands, fidgeting with them and then poking his two index fingers against each other. "Will I become evil like them?"

"No," I took the bar of soap and sponge, before rubbing the soap into the sponge. "How you choose to use your magic is up to you. You also have a wolf inside you, granting you immunity against any dark magic. It's why none of the witches can use their mental spells on us." I rubbed the sponge over my chest, washing off all the cum and sweat. "Do you want to use magic?"

"...I don't want to be weak anymore."

I moved the sponge to my neck. I didn't want to constantly worry about him, regardless of him being half witch or not he was still carrying a bounty on his head just for being my mate. The world was crazy and I wanted him to be prepared at all times.

"Does that mean that you have finally made your decision?"

He looked up at me and grinned. "Yea...I want to learn magic..."