Chapter 16

Archie

I was sitting on the roof, since it was the only place where it felt like nobody would find me. I hugged my knees close to my chest and sighed. I didn't know being in love with someone would make you so jealous and paranoid.

A few weeks ago, I wouldn't have been a big deal to me but now it was. I really wanted to know why Jason couldn't wait for me. I may have not always believed that I would find a mate, but I still waited till I found the right guy for me and that was more of the same thing.

Jason would probably go crazy if he saw that I disappeared again, but I didn't care. He could be mad for all I cared.

"There you are!" I heard him from behind me.

I jumped before I turned around as he did startle me. He was climbing up the roof, stepping one foot on the edge and then hopping on. His huge muscles rippling under his shirt.

"What are you doing up here?" He asked me. He was sounding a lot calmer than earlier. "You should be in our room, getting ready."

I folded my arms and looked away. "Well, I don't want to get ready!"

He quietly walked towards me and I didn't move. I was standing close to a steep end, if I misstepped I might end up rolling off from the roof. I was cornered, again.

He was standing closer and I could catch his scent, feel his presence. His body radiated more heat than the average werewolf. What they said about alphas were true. They were a force unlike any other.

"You're upset. If you're mad about me not letting you go out, then you can be upset for all I care. I'm doing this for your safety. The Red Moon ceremony is tonight and the witches all think we are at our most vulnerable this time of the year. We have to be on guard and that means you have to stay where we can see you and protect you at all times."

"That's not what I am mad about and I am not mad!" I snapped at him.

He tilted his head. "You're mad, but you're not mad? Now you're not making any sense."

"You know what, forget it." I walked past him.

He seized my wrist, and pulled me back. "Take one more step, and this roof will be where I'll be using my fleshjack."

Fuck! Whenever he talked to me like that, it immediately gave me a boner. Now was not the time for my dick craved body to betray me!

I was definitely in no position to challenge him. My hole wouldn't be able to take another round as tempting as it seemed.

"Fine," I said and waited for him to release my wrist, but he didn't. Dang, he really lost that much trust in me that he wouldn't let me obey him on my own? He did have a point though.

"Talk!" He demanded.

Now it suddenly felt stupid. The way I was behaving was stupid.

"Archibald!"

A shiver ran down my spine when he said my name. I definitely had daddy issues, judging by how I enjoyed ticking him off.

"Fine! I'm mad because I wasn't your first! You didn't wait to find me and you just threw yourself at random hoes, letting them take what was supposed to be mine. I was supposed to be your first time and you deprived me of it!"

His eyes widened before his gaze softened and he released my wrist. "That's why you're upset?"

"Yes! If I did the same you would be mad too, so grant me that at least?"

"Archie, I don't ever want you to feel like I didn't want to wait for you or gave a part of me to someone else before you..."

"It's not how I feel! That's exactly what you did!"

"Hey..." he held my face between his massive hands. "I understand how you're feeling and I'm sorry. I should've waited for you..."

Somehow his touch calmed me, but it didn't help the hurt I felt inside. "But...you didn't..."

"I know and I'm sorry. It was a terrible time in my life. My father died, my mother spiralled into a mental illness...I was just a sixteen year old kid when I had to become the alpha. I appeared matured for my age, but it was still a lot for me. So much that I ended up drinking, going to parties. I slept with girls only to try and get my mind of the pain. I was trying everything I possibly could to make myself feel better. I even tried looking for my mate, I really did. But over the years I grew bitter, I needed to be tough. I may have had sex with someone else before, but I never shared any intimacy with someone. That's borderline impossible for alphas and I never wanted that connection with someone I knew wouldn't work out."

"Jason...I..." I didn't know what to say. I was speechless.

I had no idea it was that difficult for him. I didn't even know he was sixteen when he had to become alpha.

He pulled me against his chest and rubbed my back soothingly. "I found you now. What happened in the past, stays in the past. Maybe I shouldn't have used sex to distract myself, because eventually I realised that was pointless. But the experience I have with you is something I never shared with anyone before. You're my first love and nothing else in the world matters. Tonight I want you to claim me in front of everyone, so that every bitch see that I am yours."

"Jason..." I looked up at him. "You don't mean..."

"You'll mark me tonight, Archie. It was a new addition I added to the ceremony. By welcoming you into this pack, I want you to put a mark on me. Everyone must know the ruthless and brutal Alpha of the Red Knights, has his Luna by his side now."