Chapter 11

Archie

It was day two for me at my new home. Home, because Jason made it pretty clear to me that I wasn't going to go anywhere without his say so. On the bright side, I felt less like his prisoner, because he made me realize that he did have respect for me on some level. If only that didn't include having to share a room with him!

"What are you doing there!" he asked when he returned from his morning run and found me laying on the couch and not his bed. "I laid you on my bed! When did you move!"

I rolled my eyes under the sheets, because I didn't want him to that and then I flashed a smile at him, batting my eyes. "After you left. Till I'm getting my own room, I am not sleeping there!"

"You're picking the wrong time and day to mess with me omega!" He stepped towards me, but I rose my hand which in turn did stop him in hid tracks.

"Nuh-Uh. Remember what Micayla said. I should be keeping my emotions in check and you need to avoid upsetting me if you don't want my powers to spin out of control."

He snarled before he walked to the walk-in closet, taking off his shirt. "For someone who didn't want to have anything to do with that power, you're surely making good use of it as an excuse!"

I watched as he tossed his shirt to the side, his sweaty and muscular body coming into full view. I quickly looked at my phone at the candy crush screen. "Well... I still haven't made a decision yet so technically I don't need to not use them as an excuse. On the bright side, if I do learn to use them...I'll be able to put you in your place."

I didn't even hear it when stalked to me, till he snatched my jaw and made me look up at him. It was even harder to miss the light trail of hair across his chest. "Even if you had all the magic power in the world, you could never put me in my place. And trust me, I am not frightened by your power at all. Try using that smart mouth on me again and I'll put it into perfectly good use."

I gulped so loud, even I could hear myself gulping.

Stop being an idiot Archie! Stop messing with him! You will lose!

"Don't you have some alpha stuff to do?" I said so I could quickly change the subject and not get cornered by him. "I thought you left early, I wouldn't be seeing you until later today." I pulled my face away from his hold and got off the couch. "I also want to get back to my job. I like it there and I want to work for my own money."

His eyes stared at me up and down as if he was checking me out and then he shook his head. "You're not going anywhere. And what's to love about working in a convenient store, you're acting like you're making millions out of smiling emptily at strangers all night long. You're good at drawing, why not make that useful?"

"I just like it there because it's a simple and less complicated job. And I don't draw manga to entertain people, I only do it...because it's how I express myself."

"Hmm, I see." He walked back to the closet and I then plopped back on the couch. I heard his footsteps this time as he came out and held my red book. "Judging by what's in here. I have a perfectly good idea of how you express yourself. I can't wait to see what's inside the black one."

Blood rushed to my cheeks, I could literally feel how my face was turning red. I nearly forgot he still had that and again, how could I forget! I still needed to get that back!

"Give it back!" I said and hurled myself towards him.

He held the book out of my reach and used his body to push me back and shove me all the way back to the couch. I landed on my back and then he positioned himself between my legs.