Chapter 14: More Aether Family Drama!

(UltimateGoomba: Hi. This is a longer chapter than normal, so please enjoy because this took a LOT of rewrites for this chapter.)

Back with Ash, he was getting ready to take down Gladion's remaining Pokemon, as he sent out his Silvally, and changed it into a Flying Type. Sirfetch'd seemed ready to give the Legendary a run for its money, and started off with a Brutal Swing, which clashed with Silvally's Multi Attack.

"Silvally is strong, but we can handle this, right Sirfetch'd?" Ash exclaimed, as Sirfetch'd gave a smug grin and nodded his head, "Then use Brave Bird!"

The two Pokémon clash with each other, as while Silvally has a lot of strength, Sirfetch'd's experience with stronger foes allows him to overpower the artificial Legendary Pokémon, eventually getting the KO with Meteor Assault to the face. Unfortunately this allowed Gladion's Umbreon to get on the field and get a revenge KO on Sirfetch'd thanks to Shadow Ball point blank, but Umbreon did have to endure a parting Lead Blade.

"Umbreon, come back for now." Gladion recalled his old friend, and sent out a Shiny Weavile, as for Ash, he sent out Dragonite to trick Gladion into thinking he was being dump, "You realize that Dragonite is very weak to Ice, right, Red? That seems a bit illogical..."

"You underestimate Dragonite, Mr. Aether." Ash coldly replied, "Dragon Dance, let's go!"

"Use Ice Punch, then Throat Chop!" Gladion commanded, as Weavile did so, but while the Ice Punch did some damage, Dragonite using Dragon Dance repelled Weavile away before she could use Throat Chop, "Tch, it repelled our attack?!"

"Now, I think it's time for our sweep to start, use Extreme Speed!" Ash shouted, after pulling out a Tera Orb and Terastalizing Dragonite into a Normal Type, making Extreme Speed do a lot of damage and effectively almost one shorting Weavile!

(Note from UltimateGoomba: This is a reference to competitive Pokémon where Tera Normal Dragonite with Extreme Speed, or Tera Flying Dragonite with Tera Blast is very powerful.)

"That was a lot of power behind that attack, just how tough is this guy?!" Gladion muttered to himself, as Weavile tried to use Ice Shard, but Dragonite used a Dragon Claw to destroy the attack, and using an up close Wing Attack to knock the Dark/Ice type out cold!

"Weavile is unable to battle, Alola Champion Gladion is down to half his team!" The referee declared, "One of his remaining Pokémon is already damaged, while Sevestar Champion Red still has three Pokémon that are fresh with only one total Pokémon down!"

In the stands...

"Wow, this Red guy is smoking him..." Lusamine gasped, "I hope Gladion can turn this around..."

"Gladion's a tough cookie, dear, he'll do just fine!" Mohn chuckled, as Zoroark, Clefairy, and Magearna seemed to agree with him, Lusamine nodded and turned back to the battle.

"Wait, something about Red's battling style reminds me of...Ash..." Lusamine gasped, "Wait, you don't think that..." Mohn and the other Pokémon caught onto what Lusamine realized, and quickly nodded.

"You're right, that might be Ash now that I think about it, but we can't rush to conclusions, so we'll talk to Red after this battle, hopefully, okay?" Mohn offered, as Lusamine sighed and gave a nod, before looking at a locket that held a picture of Lillie and Snowy in it...

Back in the battle, Gladion's Blastoise was Mega Evolved and struggling against Ash's Dragonite due to Ice Beam no longer being quad-effective. Gladion's Blastoise did know Aura Sphere though, so Blastoise could do some damage at the very least. It however, still wasn't enough to defeat the Pseudo-Legendary, but Blastoise did enough to where Umbreon could come back into the fight and use Double Kick to finally take the Dragonite down, but he did take an Extreme Speed and Dragon Claw combination called Extreme-Claw right to the face, which seemed to exhaust Umbreon quite a bit.