Chapter 10: Insey vs Misty

Insey was heading out to the battlefield for her first battle, against Misty. She decided to bring her ace Scizor, Kleavor, Lokix, Beedrill, Volcarona, and Golisopod.

"Now, for battle 16, in the southern side, it's Sevestar's Bug Type Gym Leader, Insey! And in the northern side, it's Kanto's Water Gym Leader Misty!" The announcer shouted, as Insey and Misty got in position, "The rules remain the same, 6 on 6, or a Full Battle, with one manual Pokémon switch, and one of the following: Z-Moves, Terastalization, Mega Evolution, and Dynamax!"

"You know, I heard that like Paldea and Galar, Gym Leaders are close to Elite Four Level." Misty claimed, "And you're a Bug Specialist...well, if you're expecting me to go down just because of an old fear, you're wrong!" Misty threw a Pokéball, revealing a shiny Golisopod! This stunned Insey, has Misty gotten over her fear?!

(Note from UltimateGoomba: "What? Oh, you all thought that Misty was gonna be scared of Bugs like before, didn't you? Oh, how wrong you all were with that assumption, that ain't happening this time!Remember: It's been 15 years, so she most likely has been able to overcome her fear, so spoilers: There aren't going to be any freebies for Ash's family, if they want to be considered the very best, they're gonna have to truly earn it!")

"I'll admit, wasn't expecting that, but I'll still beat you Misty!" Insey sent out her non-shiny Golisopod as well, as the two bugs soon clashed Liquidations and Leech Lives against each other, given Misty's was having some trouble, and she was soon defeated with a brutal Throat Chop from Insey's, "Alright, that was a bit harder than expected, man, people weren't kidding when they said you were strong!"

Misty smiles a bit, "Thanks, anyways, next up is my first partner, Starmie!"

Insey decides to use her Pokéball switch and go into Scizor, for a partner vs partner match, "Alright, use Bullet Scissor!" She ordered out a combo of Bullet Punch and X-Scissor, but she noticed Misty smirk...

"Use Scald downwards!" Misty commanded, as Starmie did so, and Scizor was blasted with the steaming water, which ended up causing a Burn, so Insey called for U-Turn to force a switch that doesn't need a Pokéball, but that led to her Kleavor being sent out, despite the disadvantage, Insey was still confident!

"Okay, not the end of the world, Kleavor, I need your help, use Stone Axe!" Insey called out, as Starmie took a lot of damage as Stealth Rocks were set out...but Misty's Starmie was still very close.

"Don't think you're getting away with that, time for our best attack!" Misty exclaimed, and she shocked Insey her with her next command, "Use Hydro Pump!"

"Hydro Pump?!" Insey gasped, as Starmie launched a massive water attack at Kleavor who was too close to dodge it! When the dust settled, Kleavor had been taken out in one attack, but Starmie was also down after using all of its energy to do that last ditch effort, both recalled the Pokémon.

"Starmie, you were amazing just now, thanks partner. We'll do our best to make sure you and Golisopod's efforts for this battle aren't in vain..." Misty reassured her Starmie.

"I'm sorry Kleavor, I wasn't expecting that to happen, I'll make sure your efforts aren't in vain though buddy!" Insey declared as she sent out her Beedrill.

Back in the VIP room for Ash's group, almost everyone was stunned by how quickly Insey lost a Pokémon! Yeah, sure, it was weak to Water, but from one attack? The only one who didn't seem too shocked was Lillie however, which was confusing why she wasn't surprised.

"Hey, Lillie, why aren't you that surprised by how fast Kleavor went down?" Mark questioned, as Lillie looked at him.

"Well, to put it lightly, Misty's Starmie was acting like it was waiting for a window for a point blank hit on Kleavor, plus, Insey said that Kleavor's weak spot is the stomach..." Lillie was cut off by Chloe realizing what she was getting at.

"...which is the direct area Kleavor was hit in..." Chloe gasped, as Lillie gave a nod to confirm this, and continued by saying even though she betrayed Ash, the bond between them would be hard to break. They couldn't argue with that, and soon, they saw Beedrill having a battle with Misty's evolved Golduck! First thing done was Psychic to throw the Stealth Rocks onto Insey's side, which made her startled by Misty's strategy to counter entry hazards.

"I'll admit Misty, you really got me with that one, but not like it'll matter, use Poison Jab!" Insey commands, as Misty orders Golduck to use Aqua Tail, the moves clash the same attacks for a while, but eventually Poison Jab causes a poison to hurt Golduck, allowing Beedrill to land a Fell Stinger to KO Golduck, giving an attack boost, Insey decided to take advantage of this and activated Mega Evolution on Beedrill. Corsola fell in almost the same matter, but when Misty's Pyukumuku was on the field, Insey forgot about Innards Out, which caused Beedrill to fall from the damage one shorting Pyukumuku with ease, Misty sent out her Gyarados. However, Misty didn't use Mega Evolution instantly, as if she had another plan...

"Alright, clever...Lokix, let's finish this!" Insey sent out her Paldean Pokémon that was Bug and Dark, "Let's not play around, use Throat Chop!"

"Use Bounce!" Misty ordered as Gyarados jumped up and clashed with Throat Chop, "Now use Aqua Tail!" Gyarados used an Aqua Tail right onto Lokix, launching it towards the ground.

"Lokix! Buddy, can you get up?"  Insey called out as the Bug/Dark type got up a bit dizzy from it, "Phew, you know Misty, you may have taken out two Pokémon, but I still have my team against your Gyarados!" Misty seemed determined to win despite the numbers however..

"Yeah, but you probably realize that I haven't used Mega Evolution yet..." Misty smugly reminded Insey as she smirked, recalling Gyarados and putting on a Dynamax Band that was in her shorts pocket, "Gyarados, it's time to change the tide of battle, Dynamax!!" She Dynamax'd her Gyarados, as a lot of people were shocked, including the traitor group.

"So that was her plan all along..." May gasped, really shocked by the sudden Dynamax, "She kept in mind that Mega Evolution makes Gyarados weak to Bug, so she decided to Dynamax for a power boost without her Ace being permanently weak to Insey's type specialty the rest of the fight."

"Now, time to show you what we can do, use Max Airstream!" Misty ordered, as a giant gust of wind is about to hit Lokix, but Insey smirks.

"I figured you'd do that, Lokix, showdown mode and jump!" Insey yelled as Lokix suddenly have the inner saw shaped things in its legs spring it up about the Dynamax Move, "Use a barrage of Throat Chops and Leech Lives to chip away Gyarados' health!" Lokix started to do just that, and dodging a Max Geyser that hit Gyarados for even more damage while still setting up the rain, before Gyarados managed to seat Lokix away.

"I'm not done yet, use one last Max Geyser!" Misty yelled, as Gyarados started charging one up, Insey ordered a full power Throat Chop straight in, causing a massive steam explosion. At first, the rain boosted water attack seemed to have finished off Lokix, only for the bug to while barely able to continue, used a powerful Throat Chop right into Gyarados, which caused the giant serpent to returned to normal size, unable to battle. Due to it being Misty's last Pokémon, Insey is declared the winner, losing only Kleavor and Mega Beedrill, while having one Pokémon fresh in the back.

Misty looked down, and seems very upset, Insey is hesitant to approach and got ready to do something to avoid , but Misty sighed and offered Insey a proper handshake.

"You're really strong, and beat me fair and square, good battle, Insey." Misty said, as Insey smiled and gave Misty a proper handshake, before they went back to their groups.

"And with that, almost all of the scheduled battles for today have concluded, only three more matches before we have to begin part two of round one tomorrow!" The commentators explained, "Still give it up for Insey and Misty!" The crowd roared, as the two gym leaders walked off the battlefield.

"They were so amazing, and Misty really has grown since last time." Ash remarked, "Something tells me this isn't going to be as easy as I thought...like sure, Leon is 100% going to probably be on par if not a struggle for us to battle, but still Misty was able to beat two of Insey's Pokémon despite the massive struggle." Mark went for his match, as the other siblings nod, unaware of Ash looking at this rainbow colored crystal as Pikachu whispered something to Ash.

"Maybe it's time to show what we learned in Pasio before the Masters Eight Tournament, Ash.."