Chapter 9: Guess Who's Back?

Ash was walking to the battlefield, with Pikachu deciding not to walk alongside him for obvious reasons. This was the day their long-awaited justice began, they had allies and clear enemies...

"And now, we have the Sevestar Champion, who was the one willing to host this massive tournament here, Red Satoshi!" Charles Goodshow announced, as Ash, or, Red walked onto the stage and Pikachu just watched from the hallway.

"Thank you." Ash/Red thanked Charles as he soon gave a speech, "I expect all of you to try your best, and to achieve an even better you than before this tournament everyone!" The crowd cheered as Ash soon went back the way he came, with Pikachu now back on his shoulders, as he saw what his family and friends' matches were

Red (Ash) vs Gladion, Insey vs Misty, Max vs May, Bonnie vs Clemont, Mark vs Bea were notable ones.

Minami, Trenor, and Golly had people that Ash didn't recognize, but he was sure they'd win easily.

Ash seemed to smirk, three traitors were practically guaranteed to be out in Round 1, with Gladion being their strongest one!

Meanwhile, as Lillie back in the room was happy Ash could get even with Gladion right away, she soon hit a realization.

"He's going to want to use me..." Lillie gulped as she started shaking with fear, "No, stop it Lillie, Ash knows you are not good at battling, he'll understand my feelings, he's got to..."

Ash's Dewott walked over to the concerned Lillie-vee and sat next to her with Ivysaur.

"Hey Lillie, is something bothering you?" Ivysaur questioned with concern, "You seem a bit tensed up."

"Oh, hey..." Lillie was started, but tried to stay calm, "It's just, the first match, I'm worried Ash is going to want me to battle, even though...I know I've gotten better with moves over time and eventually managed to beat some of the Pokémon of Mark and Insey when they hold back, but I'm still not that great with batting...I'm more of better at helping out with training others with contests, showcases, and of course battles. I ju-" Lillie gets cut off by Chase picking her up and putting her on his shoulder, which she struggles to stay on.

"Don't worry about that, I'm sure Dad will understand Lillie, he still cares a lot about you!" Chase chuckles, as Lillie hops off.

"Chase is right," Serena stated, "besides, it's alright to feel uncomfortable about battling a traitorous family member in a Pokémon battle, I'd be the same if I was pinned against them." Goh's family nodded, as Vee/Chloe's Eevee nuzzled against Lillie.

"Don't be hard on yourself, we're all equals, so don't be concerned, 'kay?" Vee giggled as Lillie nodded, as Dewott patted her head, "Dewott don't do that to poor Lillie, she's already made it clear she hates that..."

"Oh, sorry!" Dewott backs away, embarrassed, "I just couldn't resist it, she's so cute!"

Back with Ash, he and Pikachu were wondering who Ash was going to bring, it was all full battles for this tournament, so first, he needed six Pokémon to beat Gladion. Since he gave Zoroark back to his father, he has Umbreon, Lycanroc, Silvally, and three new Pokémon: Weavile, Crobat, and Shiny Nihilego from Crown Tundra.

"So, Melmetal, Lycanroc, Incineroar, and you are picks instantly." Ash stated, "Snowy I have to check for a rematch with Umbreon, but if she doesn't want to, I'm gonna go with Gengar, but Lillie might also be interested in revenge for you know, Gladion's the one responsible for her being turned into an Eevee...but if not then I'd have to go with someone else."

"Wait wait wait! Let's at least make sure Snowy and Lillie are okay with battling Gladion's team first!" Pikachu quickly exclaimed, "Snowy, yes she's like me with being not evolved but pretty good at battles, so maybe. Lillie though, not only did she never get the hang of battles, but traitor or not, that's still her brother! She's not going to want to fight him most likely!"