Chapter XIV

3 weeks later (Early May)

The spring semester at Belmont University ended with a bang no one was expecting.

Professor Timothy Carson was under investigation and ultimately terminated before finals and all his students were given exemptions for the final exam and A's for his classes.

Word spread like wildfire that the beta was cheating on his wife with multiple students.

The whole ordeal shook the sociology department as no one suspected Timothy to get caught up in a blackmailing scandal so big that the university was in overdrive trying to damage control the situation.

Landon was briefly under investigation simply for being Timothy's TA along with the beta's other TAs but they were deemed innocent and were compensated until the end of the semester.

Timothy Carson vanished after his termination.

Isabel disappeared as well. She turned in her resignation via email and never reported back to the university.

A majority of the university was shocked that the beta could do something so terrible to so many people.

Many believed it was character assassination and someone purposely sent in false information and Timothy was innocent while others believed it was true. Timothy was known for being a little too friendly with his students at times so it wasn't completely out of left field that he would be sleeping with a few.

Due to Landon and Timothy's past relationship happening over a year and a half ago the omega's name was never mentioned because he was never blackmailed.

Malachi made sure to omit any information regarding Landon from the file he sent to Isabel and the university dean in order to protect the omega who technically wasn't involved.

Even though Isabel knew Timothy cheated she did not know how long he's been actually cheating on her since he started sleeping around with students behind her back six months after he broke things off with Landon which was around the time the woman had her first child.

The news unfortunately could not remain contained as a university issue as word leaked to media outlets who covered the story.

Students were posting their stories about the professor on online forums and making exposed videos.

Timothy would never be able to work anywhere in higher education or education at all. Belmont University took a hit to its reputation and students transferred out by the dozens once the semester ended.

During the three weeks leading up to the end of semester Landon had moved out of his apartment and into Malachi's penthouse. The alpha insisted that he and Landon live together so the alpha could better support the omega throughout his pregnancy.

Malachi was also more protective of Landon after discovering that Timothy was stalking the omega. The alpha didn't plan on telling Landon about the photos he found in Timothy's office or that he knew the actual reason for the omega's breakdown several months earlier.

Landon never asked Malachi where he was or what he was doing the morning the alpha confronted Timothy.

Landon was afraid of what the alpha would tell him should he ask. The anger Landon had felt that morning from Malachi was like none he ever felt before from the alpha. It was an anger that burned just thinking about it.

The kind of anger someone feels before they do something that they know they will regret but have already set their minds to it.

Landon sat at the dining room table with Malachi eating dinner.

The alpha prepared a chicken fried rice dish that Landon couldn't get enough of.