Chapter VIII

Landon sat in Malachi's car thinking of their evening thus far.

The restaurant Malachi decided on for their first date was definitely something Landon wasn't expecting. It was beautiful and romantic.

While the omega had been on good dates before, this one was different for Landon. Malachi really wanted to impress Landon and show him the finer things in life. The omega was truly wined and dined in a way that he's never been before.

Malachi was an alpha and Landon felt comfortable around him when he would usually feel some level of uncomfortability. Landon had always been wary of alphas which is why he didn't have any alpha friends and tried not to be left alone with alphas if it could be helped.

Malachi laughed at Landon's crappy jokes and seemed to be oblivious of a lot of the references Landon brought up since he was chronically online when he wasn't working.

Everything was going perfect, the weather, the restaurant, the mood, everything, until Landon made eye contact with the last person he expected to see, Isabel Carson, with Timothy in tow.

The omega wished he could hide in a hole and cringed just thinking about how the woman boldly interrupted his date with Malachi.

There was a reason why Landon avoided the woman. Other than her husband being a cheater, the woman was blissfully ignorant, unaware and happy. Even though Landon despised Timothy he couldn't bring himself to ruin Isabel's peace, especially now since she was pregnant for the second time. She will find out on her own, eventually.

Men like Timothy don't change.

Landon knew this first hand.

The duo finally made it to Malachi's penthouse after a silent drive that seemed longer than it actually was.

Landon stood in front of Malachi in the elevator. He glanced up at their reflection in the doors of the metal box and locked eyes with Malachi who was staring intensely at the omega.

"Who was that man?" Malachi asked aloud, completely disregarding Isabel's existence, "The beta that was glaring at you."

"Noone important." Landon said, looking away from Malachi's cold stare.

"Did you fuck him?" Landon flinched at the question. Malachi's stare darkened.

The omega felt his throat close up. Like he was caught doing something bad. Like he would be punished.

The elevator stopped at the penthouse with a soft ding as the doors slid open revealing the dark interior of Malachi's home. Neither men made a move to exit the elevator.

"You ask too many questions." Landon said, turning to Malachi who met his eyes.

Malachi looked down at Landon with a smirk.

The alpha chuckled at Landon's very obvious answer to his question and exited the elevator entering the home. Landon watched as the lights turned on automatically and the man removed his blazer and unbuttoned the cuffs of his shirt as he stepped into the penthouse.

"It seems I hit a sore spot." Malachi said turning to Landon, his expression unreadable to the omega.

Malachi and Landon weren't dating but the alpha still felt agitated.

In Malachi's mind Timothy touched what belonged to him. The alpha laid claim to Landon the moment they slept together and knowing that other men Landon had been in contact with were still lingering around pissed the alpha off immensely.

The man frowned at the annoyed omega.

Malachi approached Landon, the alpha firmly gripped Landon's chin smirking at the way the omega's cheeks reddened at the action even as he glared at the alpha.