38. I liked you from the beginning

"Where the hell is his house?" Jungkook tilts his head and asks Tae as we reach the Busan major junction. Yoongi is now sleeping peacefully on my shoulder. Seems like he is tired because of the effect of the drug.

"Go straight. It's in direction of my house," Tae says.

"I just want to lie down and sleep after dumping this asshole somewhere. I haven't slept for two days," Jungkook says, rubbing his eyes.

"What about me then?" Tae asks. "And who told you to break into Yeonjun's house on Friday and then break into my room yesterday through my window?"

"He broke in through.." I scoff in surprise but quickly pause and lower my voice as Yoongi slightly stirs on my shoulder. "You broke in through his room window?"

"Yeah.." Jungkook mutters.

"When I was just about to go to sleep, somebody is tapping on my window and then it's him," Tae sighs.

"You thought it was some ghost, right?" Jungkook laughs. "You panicked and got out of the bed calling Jimin's name."

"I didn't!" Tae scoffs. "And, did anyone tell you to come with us yesterday? You weren't of any help anyway."

"If I wasn't there, you'd have had to follow the police car alone after Jimin ditched you for your best friend yesterday," Jungkook says. "And without my help, he wouldn't have been able to find his stepmother's profile quickly and save him. They were planning to kill him soon. And oh! I was the one who convinced the police officer to start the search in Duho-Dong. Moreover, you guys would have been scared shitless without me."

Tae doesn't say anything. Jungkook was actually really helpful yesterday after I told him about Yoongi's secret. But today he has again started acting like an asshole towards Yoongi even after knowing his biological mother is sick, he lives alone and he has literally no relatives who care for him.

None of his relatives even called us asking whether he is okay. I wonder where his fucking guardian is.

I tilt my face and look at him. He looks so cute sleeping on my shoulder, his messy hair falling over his eyebrows and thin lips a perfect pink color pressed together in a relaxed manner as he breathes soundlessly through his nose, the hot air slightly tickling my neck.

"I can't believe you fell for this idiot," Jungkook says and I quickly tilt my head, looking out of the window.

"Out of all the boys and girls in our school, what specialty did you see in him?"

I just leave an inaudible sigh and keep my mouth shut.

"Kai is so much better than him. You still got time to think. I suggest you take a wise decision."

"Oh stop it Jungkook! What's your problem?" Tae smacks his thighs and he winces loudly, the car almost going out of his control for a second, causing me and Tae to gasp. Yoongi flinches and wakes up on my shoulder hearing Jungkook cursing 'Shit Tiger! You'll get us killed.'

"What's wrong?" He asks, in a slightly panicked voice, raising his head from my shoulder and unwinding his fingers from mine.

"Nothing, I was just advising Jimin to not date you," Jungkook sighs. "You know he has better boys behind him."

"Who is that?" Yoongi frowns looking at me.

"Nobody," I shake my head.

"Oh, you don't know? I'll read the list then..."

"Jungkook, shut up already!" Tae cuts him off. "If you utter one more word, I'll break up with you."

"Oh!" Jungkook gasps. He doesn't open his mouth after that.