Chapter 23. Big mistake

"Wait! Did I lose my way or something? Why haven't I reached the junction yet?" I say to myself whilst moving forward on the seat to look properly on both sides of the road.

I can barely read the names of the few shops here and there, due to the heavy downpour, and I have no idea whether I'm going in the right direction or not. It's almost fifteen minutes since I'm driving Jungkook's car but I haven't reached the major town junction yet. Seems like I took a different turn or something.

I take my feet from the gas and slowly park the car on one side of the road. Then I switch on the GPS of the car to see where I'm right now.

Great! I've definitely taken the wrong turn and I'm now ten minutes away from the junction.

I sigh and proceed to turn the car but then I notice a figure sitting on a little far away bench, letting themselves be drenched in the heavy rain. I couldn't help but frown. Are they crazy? Or is it because they don't have an umbrella? But there are a few shops here. Why can't they run into one?

Whatever, it's not my business. I think and rotate the steering, but then again I feel like going and checking out whether the person is alright. What if they are in a condition where they can't walk or something?

So, I drive the car straight and to my surprise soon I discover the figure is a young dude who is none else than Min Yoongi. I step my feet on the break, the very instant realization hits me.

Why the hell is he sitting in the rain at this midnight? Is he heartbroken because I ruined his chance to make Tae his boyfriend? Or is it because of the Ig post?

Staring at Yoongi, I squirm in my seat, not knowing what to do. I'm only a few meters away from him but he hasn't realized my presence yet. He has his head almost hanging downwards and it seems like he hasn't even realized a car actually stopped near him. I look around to see whether his car is parked somewhere near. But there are no cars nearby.

What should I do now? How am I supposed to go talk to him after what I did to him a few hours ago? I don't even know whether he already saw the post.

After a few seconds, I take a deep breathe and grab Tae's umbrella from the passenger seat before hopping out of the car

"Min Yoongi!" I call whilst walking to him. He suddenly flinches and looks up.

"What the hell are you doing in the rain this midnight?" I shout at him over the sound of the rain. There is no surprise on Yoongi's face on seeing me, he just stares at me, emotionless. And he doesn't say anything, he just sits there like a statue, water running down his hair and chin and clothes.

"Didn't you hear me? Should I shout more loudly? Are you on a mission to get yourself sick?"

"Do you care if I get sick?" He then asks me, his face still blank.

"No, of course not!" I scoff. "But I don't want you to catch a fever and then die because of me. So come and get inside the car."

He chuckles looking at me. "So you know, it's all because of you.." He says. My heart stops beating for a moment. Did he already realize it was me who hacked his account and posted the video? No chance, he might be talking about Tae.

"Of course not! How am I the reason? You are facing the consequences of your own action."

"Then why are you here?" He asks.

I let out a sigh. "Don't you know everyone is searching for you right now?"

He frowns at me for a moment, as if confused. "I'm sure nobody is searching for me, not even Tae," he then lets out a bitter chuckle.

"You have no idea," I shake my head. "Do you think nobody will want to talk to you after you did such a big thing?"

"I've scored more points in matches before. Nobody ever bothered to talk to me other than saying 'congrats.' "