No Labels

Reign
June 26th.
7:55pm

As the sun dipped below the horizon, casting a warm glow through my room, Serenity and I lay comfortably on my bed. I had the day off, and knowing King was occupied with hanging out with his cousin, I hit up Serenity to come keep me company. Our day consisted of movies, blunts, freshly baked cookies, and posting a few TikToks.

I sprawled across the bed, scrolling through Netflix, while Serenity rested beside me, her head on my shoulder. "What you feelin', Seren?" I asked, glancing down at her.

She shrugged, her eyes still glued to her TikTok feed. "Anything, really. It don't matter."

"Rei," she called out, snapping a video of me for her story. I put up my middle finger playfully blocking my face with my hand and she laughed pushing my hand away. I flicked my tongue out and she stopped recording me. When she showed me the video with the caption "my little reignbow," I rolled my eyes at her corniness.

Deciding to rewatch the "Insecure" series, Serenity asked me about King's whereabouts. "Where my other boyfriend?" she teased.

"He went to the gym wit his cousin, prolly go by Kai's too," I explained.

Serenity, busy typing on her phone with a smile on her face, continued the conversation.

"Oh ok, Can this boy and his cousin pull up for a minute?" she asked, looking up.

I hesitated, not really fucking with having people I dont know pull up at my house, especially when King not around. "Why can't you go to them?" I questioned.

Serenity responded, "I just started talking to him, and I don't feel comfortable going by myself. Unless you're tryna go wit me."

I shook my head at that idea but agreed to the first, " they stayin' outside tho"

"That's cool; we can just sit inna car and smoke. You comin' outside wit me, tho, right?" she asked, her excitement evident.

I sighed, " you tryna get me caught up."

Serenity reasoned, "How? You're not doing shit but comin' outside wit me. King's not here, so who finna tell him?"

Thinking about it, I realized she had a point. It's not like I invited them personally, and my focus is solely on King. Boredom got the best of me, and I reluctantly agreed.

Serenity's face lit up with a smile. "Okay, and one more thing. The boy I've been talkin' to is cute, but I want his cousin. He bi, so he might try to fuck wit you, but just don't, okay?" she cautioned.

I gave her a puzzled look and replied, "yep."

"They on the way now; he don't live far. Can I wear one of yo hoodies?"

"Yeah, just grab anyone from my closet,"

She reached for a hoodie I stole from King, but I stopped her, saying, "Not that one."

Serenity shrugged, opting for a black hoodie she found instead. Slipping on the hoodie she originally grabbed, I tossed on some slides and a hat to keep my curls under control. I ain't too pressed about how I look; ain't trying to impress nobody.

"He said they finna be here in like 5 mins," Serenity informed me, spraying some girly perfume all over the borrowed hoodie.

Slightly annoyed, I knew it'd take a few washes to get that scent out, but I let it slide. Luckily it was a plain hoodie and not one of my favorites or I might have said something.

Serenity picked up on my mood change, asking, "Wassup? You sure you cool? I can tell them not to come."

"Nah, they almost here now," I sighed, plopping down on the edge of my bed.