What happens in Vegas...does NOT stay in Vegas?

ReignJune 10th

Reign
June 10th. 3:45pm

So yea. Here I am, on a 50-minute flight to Vegas for the weekend. If things had played out differently between King and me, I might not have got on this plane. It's definitely out of character for me to hop on a flight to meet up with a nigga. My anxiety is on ten because I don't really like flying. I mean, why the plane shaking like it's going over speed bumps while we up in the air? That shit is stupid as hell. I tried to convince Amber and Kai to drive with me to Vegas but they refused, plus Antonio already had our flights booked as soon as I said yes.

I'm sitting by the window with the shade up because my anxiety won't allow me to close it. For some reason I want to be able to see if something is coming at us or if the plane is going down. I try to focus on the view of the Vegas strip as the pilot announces that we'll be landing soon and I don't know if it's making my anxiety better or worse at this point.

The flight to Las Vegas had been a wild ride of nerves, but as the plane came down, a surge of excitement pulsed through me. This spontaneous trip to visit Antonio for Eli's birthday was a decision I didn't see coming but I really need a distraction before I dig myself deeper into some bullshit.

Finally landing in Las Vegas, Nevada, the city's lights sprawled out beneath us, casting a vibrant neon glow across the landscape. I turned to Kai and Amber, who were sitting beside me.

"Y'all ready?," I ask, my voice a mix of anticipation and caution.

Kai's eyes lit up with excitement. "Vegas, bitch!"

Amber, however, didn't share our excitement. "I guess, but we underage. What we really finna be able do?"

I could tell she was a little turned off about the limited options for under-21s in the city. "Don't trip, Amber. We finna figure some shit out"

As we deplaned and maneuvered through the busy ass airport, the blaring neon signs and slot machines reminded us that we had arrived in the heart of Vegas.

Kai leaned in closer to me. "Rei, you sure bout this trip? You seemed kinda off on'a plane."

I flashed a smile. "Yeah, Kai, I'm good."

Navigating through the airport is confusing at first but we figure it out. Bright lights and a constant sense of activity surrounded us, and my nerves mixed with excitement as we approached our destination.

Kai and Amber chatted animatedly about their Vegas plans, their voices filled with enthusiasm. I couldn't help but smile, watching them experience this for the first time.

After leaving baggage claim, we walked out the exit feeling the harsh Vegas heat surrounding us. I scanned the area, searching for Antonio. Spotting him leaning against his royal blue G-Wagon, he looked effortlessly good. Kai and Amber exchanged greetings with him, but when Antonio reached me, his warm smile turned into a playful grin.