Dare or Drink

Unedited

Reign May 29th 2:30pm

Reign
May 29th 2:30pm

Kai shook me awake this morning, all hyped about a "self-care cousin's day." I knew she was just bugging me because Amber was tied up with something else. So, on my precious day off, she forcibly yanked me out of my comfy bed.

We ended up at Starbucks, then treated ourselves to facials, followed by lunch at a little downtown café. Now, I'm chilling in this chair next to her, while two Vietnamese women work their magic on our toes. It wasn't the first time I'd been dragged into this kind of thing with her, but honestly, it wasn't what I had in mind for today. All I really wanted was to sleep the day away, considering I barely got any the day before.

Yesterday, I had been in the car with King, just smoking and eating, trying to unwind. But then, duty called, and I had to head back to work. The shop was even busier than usual, and I ended up taking on a few extra clients because some of the girls had overbooked. Sierra and I didn't manage to leave the shop until a late 9:30 pm.

"I'm hella mad yo feet prettier than mines" Kai says sitting her phone in her lap taking a break from whoever she been texting all morning, "and ma shit cute too."

"I cuh tell you some? And don't be weird" I ask her, biting my lip trying not to laugh at what I'm about to tell her.

"What?" She asks and makes a face like I'm about to tell her some out of pocket shit.

"Dis nigga be paying me for pics of ma feet" I tell her and she gasp with her dramatic ass.

"Bitch you lying like shit" she got a silly ass grin on her face cause she really believes me but don't want to believe it.

"I'm serious. I'm finna make him pay for this shit right now" I pull up my Ig going to my messages with this older white man and sent him a picture of the lady working on my toes. Not even a minute later my cash app notifies me that he sent me $250.

"Look" I show her and she starts laughing hysterically.

"You was serious! You know this nigga?"

"Hell nah! We don't even talk forreal. He just hit me up one day askin fa pics of ma feet."

"So you payin' for mine too right?"

"Yea I gotchu"

"Antonio just text me. Him an his people tryna link tonight, you wit it?" she holds her Iphone up and I can see the direct messages from him on instagram.

Observing the nail technician as she began applying the clear coat to my freshly pampered toes, I nodded in approval. It was a simple gesture, a wordless acknowledgment of her skill and the care she had put into making my feet look their best.