Intoxicated Pt.1

Unedited

Omniscient

Omniscient

May 20th 9:13pm

24545 crescent view place

Crescent View Place, the gated community made up of beige, cool gray, and rich coffee-colored townhomes, was a picturesque enclave nestled just close enough to the hood to keep its residents cautious. However, the 24-hour security provided a sense of safety that made sleeping at night a little easier for the homeowners. Sierra had made a deliberate decision to buy her first home there, mainly because of its proximity to her salon and the fact that the price was slightly below her budget.

Her two-story, two-bedroom, two-bath townhome, painted in slate-stone gray, felt like something out of a fairytale with a modern twist. It was a haven that had been solely hers until the day she received that call from her distraught baby brother. Without hesitation, she had offered her spare room to him. Subconsciously, she had decorated the room in different shades of purples and creams, knowing those were his favorite colors. But moments like this made her question whether that choice had been wise.

She was aware that Kai was pressuring her brother Rei to join them for a night out, but she had never expected Rei to agree. He was not typically a party person, and Sierra was grateful for that. She worried about him constantly and cherished the peace and stability she had worked hard to create in their new home.

Sierra had initially ventured out onto her front porch with a glass of wine in hand, hoping to savor the view of the sunset and the gentle evening breeze. However, as her thoughts weighed heavily on her mind, what was intended to be an hour of relaxation had turned into two. It was then that Reign came out to spark a blunt, dressed and ready to go out with Kai and her friends.

Seeing him like this, she felt it was the perfect moment to share her concerns and have a heart-to-heart conversation with him. She took a deep breath, her wine glass momentarily forgotten, and decided to express her concerns with him. Her tone carried a mix of affection and worry, reflecting her genuine concern for her brother's well-being.

"So what you say'n is I can't be ma'self?" Reign responds, frustration and disappointment evident in his voice. He had expected his sister to be supportive, but it seemed like she was going to voice concerns he might not like or understand.

"No, what I'm say'n IS dat you need'a be careful how you act round certain people"she tries to explain, but she could see him becoming upset. Her words might not be coming out perfect, but she was doing her best to protect him.

Reign's decision to attend the party had triggered Sierra's overprotective instincts. He had always been like her baby, especially with their significant age gap of 9 years. While Reign wasn't flamboyant, he could be effeminate at times, and Sierra knew that even though times had changed, some individuals in their neighborhood still held homophobic attitudes that could be dangerous. She was trying to shield him from potential harm, even if it meant having a difficult conversation.