-Chapter 22- Picking Up the Pieces -

"You want me apologize to this bastard after all he's done to my button?!"

"Yes I do, Louis." Wily Cat said, face flat and completely and utterly serious. Everyone was so damn solemn it was giving me a headache, worse than the one I'd had. I wanted Louis to pop a smile and joke like he always does, but his brow was furrowed in contempt and his mouth was pressed into a thin line. He was standing offensively, rigid, legs spread just enough to be able to lunge forward at a moment's notice, arms crossed, defiant to Liam's outstretched hand. Wily was between the two, eyes burning, looking throughly over the situation. Liam was irked but knew that he was powerless in the matter and was offering to shake Louis' hand in truce.

"No."

"Louis!"

"No! I won't! He hasn't apologized!"

"Liam. If you would."

"Sorry."

"There." Wily snapped her fingers and looked back to Lou.

"Apologize to Shelby." He growled. Louis was standing close enough that I could cower behind him on the couch. He'd wrapped me in his jacket and insisted I lay down behind him, so he could play offense. Liam stepped forward and I sat up, grabbing onto Lou's shirt and holding onto him for dear life. He backed up a little bit so I could tuck my head in the small of his back, stroking my hair comfortingly. He must've felt me shaking, there was no way my bones weren't rattling audibly throughout the place.

"I am genuinely sorry, Shelby...Tomlinson. I understand you've moved on and what I did was wrong. Do you forgive me?"

"I'm going to take you switching out her last name as recognition of defeat." Liam sneered at Louis' righteous remark, but then returned his gaze to me. I avoided his eyes and gave a little nod.

"There's your apologies Louis. It's your turn." Louis grimaced and returned the favor of a crappy apology and hastily shook his hand. He discreetly rubbed his hand on his pant leg and brushed my hair back from my ear again.

"Can we leave now?"

"You're waiting for ME to leave, we came over here MY car."

"But-!"

"And we're leaving because Tails is sick WE OUT NIGLETS!" Louis picked me up cautiously, following Wily out the door. Liam watched us go, eyes dark but expressionless. Louis' were clouded in thought.

"Penny for your thoughts." I said softly.

"Hm? Oh, just wondering what I agreed to. How you doing, baby bunny?"

"You're sticking with that, aren't you?"

"If I may."

"I like it. But yes, I'm alright. Sleepy."

"You look it."

"Thanks." I grumbled sarcastically. He shrugged and adjusted me in his arms.

"You can fall asleep on me, baby bunny. I wouldn't mind." His warm breath tickled my ear.

"You asked for it." I nuzzled my head in the crook of his neck and drifted into sleep.

Instead of a gang-bang our flat hosts gang-naps. Come over and sleep with us.

Louis collapsed on the couch when we got home around eleven with me in his arms, Harry leaned on me and took his annual power nap with a snoozing Jamie, and Wily gave up on home and just curled up behind Harry.

It was warm and comforting, note not comfortable. It was cozy enough, minus Harry drooling on my shirt. He'd owe me hours of playing with his hair for it, even though it was cute. Louis had a light snore by my ear, but nothing to be annoyed by. Wily had herself contently wound around a pillow at Harry's splayed feet. Jamie's eyelids fluttered for a brief second before relaxing again.

I laid back down on Lou's chest, very carefully stroking a tight ringlet by Harry's ear. I was startled when an arm wrapped around my neck.

I hadn't realized Louis' gentle snoring stop, so when I looked back at his sleepy smile I was a little surprised. He yawned over his shoulder, eyes still closed, and mouthed 'Morning'.

I slowly, so as not to disturb anyone, snuggled closer to him. He pecked my check and playfully, although tiredly, rolled his head on mine. I just reached under his arm to return the favor of a hug, using my thumb to softly pet the thin, soft hairs on the back of his neck.

"We've got some crime scene going on, we all were dead for a minute there." I whispered.

"No, you were talking in your sleep." I swallowed, embarrassed. "You still blush, I love it."

"Sorry."

"What ever for?"

"I must've woken you up."

"Nope, couldn't sleep." He poked my nose.

"Will you two shut up...? People are sleeping...!" Harry grumbled, curling tighter around my waist. I hadn't even noticed him holding me, but I didn't mind. Louis caught him too, but didn't take it as friendly. He gave Harry's head a sharp whack. Harry, not being a morning person, squeezed me tighter and was giving Lou the death glare.

"Boys! It's okay." I kissed Louis' cheek in reassurance, and Harry reset himself cozily on my stomach. He sighed and I felt his breath shallow into sleep.

"How come he gets more cuddles than I do?!"

"He gives me more opportunity, you're always up jumping around and such. If you want me to snuggle up to you and play with your hair, max out more often. You're too energetic."

"But that makes the sleepy moments all the more golden." I shook my head, smiling, and ruffled Harry's hair. He was awake enough, or asleep, to know not to shove me away. I clawed him once. Accident I swear. He blamed it on Dusty so I wouldn't get sued-a debt I repaid in security services over his naps. Lesson learned, either way.

"I'm here now and you still play with his curls. Is that why? He has curly hair, is that more sexually appealing to you? I will curl my hair."

"You wouldn't." I giggled at the thought.

"If that's what it takes! You never play with my hair." He whined. I propped myself on my elbow and ran my fingers backwards through his hair, pushing it all back. I smirk, but he's too enthralled by it to be smug. I tried to just leave it, but my OCD took over.

His hair will always, perpetually look untidy, and there's nothing anyone can do about it. But he will be patient and still if you try. I had to get height to fix the back, which he seemingly innocently leaned on my collarbone. As I was about to relax he dipped his head down.

He licked my boob.

"EHP!-LOUIS?!"

"Keep your voice down." He trilled mischievously. I glared at him and he retorted with his famous Louis smile. I had an idea to get back at him but I don't think it'd have the...desired effect. There were people here, people in the way.

"You cunt."

"I love you too baby bunny."