-Chapter 4- Dance Par-Tay and A Semi Wreck -

"Smack dat, Wily." I laughed as she did her little Shalice dance, holding up her hands righteously and just sort of shaking. 

"Aw yeah, aw yeah!" I don't know what accent she mimicked but her voice resembled a deep-voiced guy with a small breath of helium as he did a Stitch impression. She continued dancing to B.o.B. and I just sat, feeling like if I got up I'd fall over anyhow. 

Louis had been coaxed into a pelvic thrust or two, but didn't do much else in their little Pandora concert. He kept looking at me, willing me to get up and dance like I usually would do, and have a good time with, but I just couldn't bring myself to. 

Liam and Niall were developing a turtle dance, or so it looked, bobbing their heads and putting one foot forward and the latter back incredibly slowly, like an elderly Greg Hefley. They couldn't stop laughing, and everyone else was getting a kick out of it. Liam did the 1, 2, 3, flick a few times on the beat of the song, which greatly amused Louis. 

Zayn did what he called the Bradford Badboi, which was pretty much grinding on anything but a person, and I'm sure Wily was secretly jealous. That counter was getting some nice action right now.  

Still, Louis was distracted by me. I'd been close to flu this morning, and wasn't feeling much better. I was curled up on their little sofa, content, but feeling a little sick from the motion of the bus. Since this fiasco, I'd adapted the skill of falling asleep in vehicles, more mastered it. Even so, I wish Louis would let me lay in his lap, but he knows better when we're not close to anything. I loved to pretend I fell asleep in his lap right when he had to go to the bathroom. So he'd sit there with a full bladder and I'd be suppressing a giggle until I thought it was just cruel. 

They left me alone this time, it was apparent I didn't feel well, and Liam kept the music at an easy level, so if I wanted to I could fall asleep. I tried, but just felt lonely doing so. I shoved the feeling aside and squeezed my eyes shut.

I was so sleepy. If someone told me I could've just come in tomorrow or when we came back from the tour, I'd be gracious beyond belief. But here I'm forced to sit, half-asleep, by myself.  

Louis legitimately wanted to come. But not only did he have a concert tonight, but if someone spotted us there, we'd fall fast into a downward spiral. He made the appointment because he was rumored the best doctor in the U.S. He made it early in hopes I wouldn't be recognized, not realizing the toll it'd take on me. But he was in the car, patiently waiting with his face hid in the black of morning.  

"Shelby A.?" I turned at the sound of light voice, barely above whisper. I saw a nurse in light blue scrubs, clouded and speckled with cranes carrying either blue or pink bundles. I still didn't understand that legend that babies came from cranes and I wasn't about to ponder it at 4 in the morning.  

I stumbled tiredly after her, letting her weigh me and take my height and ask me questions. I responded best I could in this exhausted state of mind, often my tongue felt too big for my mouth and the words didn't form like I'd planned. I apologized and she said she'd been the same way a few minutes ago, and she wasn't pregnant. I wasn't sure what she was trying to say.  

She asked if I had any STDs or illnesses, if I knew the child's father and our relationship, what my diet consisted of, and so on. She asked me where Louis was, although his name was unknown to her, and I lied smoothly, remarkable for any time of day, not just now, about his job. She seemed satisfied and led me to a room with a series of complicated looking devices, most with a detachable part with plastic over it, connected to it's cohort with a long, thick gray cord. It smelled overwhelmingly sterile, and my head began to spin. She had me sit in a chair covered with paper, the kind that crinkles with the slightest movement, and walked out, leaving her clipboard where she'd written everything down on what could be considered a little desk, attached to the side of a cushioned swiveling chair, my guess was for the doctor.