-Chapter 2- Hello, My Name is Pregnant -

"Hi Wily." I don't recall ever feeling so giddy in my life. Even though we weren't face to face, my mind raced for the sting of her judgment. I wasn't prepared for relief, just a long-winded speech on how stupid that was and now my life would be forever changed by that one stupid moment.  

"Hi Tails!" We've had our pet nicknames, or so I call them, since middle school. I liked nicknaming the closest of my friends, as a symbol of how close we were. Mine was Tails for my obsession over the little two-tailed fox. It's probably how Louis sealed the deal, reeled me in by tugging my heartstrings with Tails and chocolate. Oh sweet chocolate.  

"'Vas happenin'?" Wily quoted her boyfriend. I took a deep breath, but it felt like no air, just pressure, flowed into my lungs. 

"If I told you not to tell anyone something, and I mean no one can know, would you?" 

"'Course!" I could practically see her cheery smile, curious. "Why?" I breathed in deeply, lungs wishing for thinner air. I felt sweaty, but that just maybe the fact I'd been sick earlier. 

"Shalice, I'm pregnant." She was silent for a moment. 

"Who's the father?" 

"Well, Louis, of course." I spoke matter-of-factly. I still felt weight on my chest. 

"Then why are you acting all guilty? I would've thought you'd tell him first-" 

"He told me, actually." I laughed, tension felling eased. 

"So he knows? Does that mean-I'm the first one out the family who doesn't know! I'm like vomiting rainbows and unicorns I'm so happy for you guys!" 

"That's,...sweet, Wily." I smiled inwardly. She could be such a kook. That's why we got along so well.  

"Is it a boy or a girl?" 

"Um, I'm not that pregnant, Wily." 

"TELL ME WHEN YOU KNOW I WANNA BE THE FIRST!!!" 

"Louis will be the first." 

"First friend, I mean! God, you're so critical!" 

"Well, Louis will be there with me, so..." I laughed, and I knew however upset she'd chided being, she was happier.  

"Have you got names yet?!" 

"'Course not."  

"OHMAIGOD! You have to think of one! Or two! What if you're having twins?! Do you see how this is a problem?!" I shook my head, smiling. 

"I'm only so pregnant. I have time to think." 

"So...when did you get pregnant?" Wily spook mischievously. 

"What?"  

"When did he bang you?" 

"Oh my God Shalice." 

"Do you not know? You do it that often?" 

"Of course not I know when I got knocked up!" 

"THEN WHEN?!" 

"Last month." I muttered, barely audible to the phone.  

"Ooh...was it worth it?" 

"Shalice!" She giggled, but seemed legitimately interested. "That's my business." 

"But we're like, epic friends!" I rolled my eyes, face hot with the thought.  

"Let's just say..." Her breath caught in her throat. "He's as good in bed as he is in looks." 

"Oh, girl! Ohmaigod." She was dying from laughter, and probably clutching her stomach. She stretched her vowels in girl, and it sounded really queer; but so Wily Cat.  

"Louis has been acting weird, though." 

"Yeah, I noticed that." Our conversation had veered into a more serious tone. 

"Do you think he's mad at me?" I said in a small voice.  

"Why would I be mad at you?" He made me jump, standing in the doorway. He looked more upset and concerned than anything else.  

"I'll... leave you two then. Peace out; you have fun with that Tails." The phone beeped as she hung up. My throat tightened and tears welled in my eyes, but why was I crying?! Louis looked suddenly stricken by my sudden temperamental change. I felt like my life was over, just because I made a wrong assumption. Tears poured down my cheeks and I cringed away from him.  

"Button?" He said softly, sweetly. He moved to sit down and I scrambled away, burying my face in the covers. 

"Don't be upset." I blubbered. "Please don't be upset." 

"I'm not. I'm not, not at all." I felt a hand on my back.  

"Its...its just like there's something wrong since..." 

"What, button?" 

"Are you mad at me?" I rasped. My whole face felt wet with tears, and hair plastered to it. My lips trembled, and I felt on the verge of a meltdown, if this wasn't already one.  

"Nope. I'd sooner be upset with a carrot." He smiled his cheeky Louis smile, moving close so our noses brushed when we moved in the slightest. I searched his eyes for some sort of fragment of anything otherwise than what he said. I ducked into my chest, looking at the comforter just to avoid his damn honest gaze.  

"You look tired, boo." 

"Haven't been sleeping well, I guess." I muttered. He gently brushed the hair stuck to my face off, tucking it behind my ears. 

"That's probably because you've been curling up by your lonesome. You used to cuddle with me in any way you could to fall asleep." 

"Its not intentional." I said quietly. He laughed tapped my nose. 

"Not bothering me any. Well, kind of. You're awfully warm."  

"Hey Louis?" My words cracked on the end of his name. 

"Hm?" 

"Will you sing for me?" My voice was barely a whisper. 

"'Course." His voice was soft, melodic, and smooth over each note. The verses leaked into my body like I was soaking them in, pooling in my heart with a sensation of warmth. His voice went in decrescendo with every note, he inched close enough so I could feel the words form on his lips. He moved so I could curl up beside him, laying my head on his chest and drifting off with the lyrics of Little Things cozied in my mind.

Dedicated to Louis and Greg of MissyInAction. They were my first outside fans, and lovely conversationalists. So, love to you both! And tell Lyric hello and make me a sandwich. ;D