-Chapter 13- Just Push and it'll be Alright -

"Louis, I really don't wanna go." I whined. "He's been bothering me all day." I bit my lip as the baby threw another fierce kick at my hip.

"It won't be long button, I promise. I just want to keep you safe." His voice was tender and sincere, and his eyes denied nothing but truth in them. I looked away, pouting in the floor's direction.

"Oh, fine." I breathed. "This better be good."

"You're not looking so good, Bel."

"I'm not feeling so good." I squeezed my eyes shut as another weak contraction ripped through my body. I hated these stupid conference meetings. And now I was getting Braxton Hicks contractions. Even more pleasureable, right? Nope. Lou would've left me home if he wasn't convinced I'd drop into labor any second and have to force the baby out where we were. Might as well. One of the managers eyed me with an appalled look, and the other worried.

"Who is she pregnant with?"

"Just jump to the conclusion I'm pregnant, nice." I growled.

"But you are, button."

"It's Louis'." Liam said, smug.

"HE." I hissed, eyes narrowed at Liam. Harry had on this look of superiority, like he'd known all along, but kept staring at my stomach like it was going to explode. Niall hadn't shown much more than excitement, and demanded to be the first to hold him. Louis said that was MY job, and if not mine his, then anyone else's.

"When did that happen?!"

"Nine months ago." I grumbled.

"A baby will be bad for press."

"We can do photoshoots with it!"

"Charge to hold it?"

"HE'S a BABY and not MERCHANDISE! Go to hell!-oh, God..."

"Button?" Louis helped me sit back down. "You okay?"

"Just over-exerted herself." Liam said smoothly. I was too consumed to glare.

"Fine...can I go sit in the car, please?!" I said breathlessly. Louis nodded and kissed my cheek.

"Shalice would you mind taking her?"

"Was that sarcasm." Louis helped me on my feet and hobble to the door, then looked wistfully until we couldn't see each other anymore.

"Just wanted out of there, eh, Tails?"

"No this hurts legit." I stayed out of breath, and I think the Sun got ten times hotter. "Jeez how long were we in there?!"

"A few minutes, why?"

"It's fucking hot, Jesus..."

"Tails it's like thirty degrees out here what the hell are you talking about." I gasped at a sudden wave of pain and felt something wet trickle down my legs. "Did you just piss yourself?!"

"No my water just broke!" My breath was shaky and I buckled over. "Please go get Louis."

"But-"

"GET THE FATHER OF THIS DAMMED THING!" I yelled and clenched my teeth, leaning on the Prius. I think I sat there for hours in the burning sun before they finally came back.

"Bel! Are you sure you're in labor?!"

"Well it is my first baby. But I'm pretty sure my water broke." My fingers were bent and holding my stomach, grimacing. I groaned when my stomach constricted and Louis stroked the hair out of my face.

"We're gonna get through this, you're gonna be a bloody good mum, okay button? I-"

"START THE FUCKING CAR!" Wily helped me into the backseat and did everything she could to her knowledge. I kept begging for water, but Louis told me I wasn't to ingest anything or risk getting sick. Wily tried to be sweet and sneak me some and Louis did the meanest thing I've ever seen him do; flat out cussed her out. She had a face on that she was trying really hard to be serious about it. I barely caught and retained what they were saying as the conundrum I'd gotten myself into was agonizingly painful and preventable with the same material used to make grocery bags. Really.