~ 42 ~

Meredith wanted to tell Derek but she decided It would be best to wait until he got home.

Derek had later gotten a phone call from the school saying that had found Michael hiding out in one of the bathrooms.

He stayed in there for all of the second and third periods because they were classes he didn't like.

He was relieved Michael wasn't caught doing anything wrong or bad in the bathroom. He was just waiting for the period to end.

They had taken him to the principal's office and spoke to him about it and called his father but then made sure he got to his next class.

The classes he had skipped were Math and Science.

Later that day when school ended Derek had made sure he had gotten off of work in time to pick up the kids so he could be the first one to speak it Michael.

He took all three kids and sent the girls to go shower while he stayed and spoke to Michael while Meredith helped Violet with a bath.

Once Violet was cleaned up Meredith got her dried her off and got her dressed into her pyjamas.

She checked on Madeleine before taking Violet downstairs.

When she got there Michael was no longer downstairs.

"How'd the talk go?" She asked as she sat down on the couch while Violet played with her toys on the carpet floor.

"The kid doesn't like Math or Science. That's all he had to say," he sighed sitting down next to her.

"Well you know he could be doing much worse at his age than skipping class. Some kids start having sex at the age of twelve, it's concerning," she said.

"Madeleine is twelve, I don't want to think about that," he says.

"Don't worry, Madeleine doesn't seem like the type. And I have to tell you something," she said, whispering the last part.

"What, what is it?" He asked. She paused before glancing over at Violet on the floor.

"I'm pregnant. I took the tests earlier before you called me," I say.

"What?" He asked.

"I'm pregnant," she whispered in his ear.

"You are?" He smiled small. "Yes," she said.

"That's wonderful!" He grinned pulling her in for a hug.

After a minute they pulled away. "How come you didn't call me when you found out?" He asked holding her in his arms.

"Well you were worried about Michael and I wanted to tell you in person and when you were in a better mood," she said.

"I'm in a much better mood now. When do you think we should tell the kids?" He asked.

"I don't know. I mean the idea of us having a baby isn't even in their minds," she said.

"Well, I think we already know how they're going to react. Violet will be happy, Michael won't care, and Madeleine will throw a fit," he sighed.

"Well she has about nine months to come to terms with it," she said.

"I'm sure it'll go fine," he sighed watching as Violet continued to play on the floor.

He never thought he would have more kids after Violet. Before Violet, he figured they were done with just two.

Violet was a surprise, a very unexpected surprise but he was happy to have another little girl.

When Addison left he figured he'd be alone forever apart from his children.

But now he was going to be getting married and would be having another baby in nine months.

"It could... or it could go horribly and they'll hate me more than before," she said.

"Madeleines really warmed up to you since the car accident," he said.

"Michael hasn't. What if the baby is a boy and he'll be pissed and hate me," she said.

"Michael doesn't really care too much about anything," he shrugged.

"Maybe he's a sociopath," she said.

"Michael isn't a sociopath. He just likes to live in his own world with his own rules," he said.

"Like a sociopath," she said. "Meredith," he said.

"Okay, okay, I'm kidding. But you have to admit he is a little detached," she said.

"I know, he's been that way ever since his mother left. I'm not sure why but it affected him a bit differently," he said.

"Maybe take him to see someone," she suggested, earning a look of disapproval from Derek.

"I'm not saying there's something wrong with him but things affect people differently, Michael is different than Madeleine and Violet. You said it yourself, Michael was a mommy's boy. Addison was the one he ran to when something was wrong and now she's gone and doesn't know who to go to," she said.

"Me, he can come to me and tell me when somethings wrong," he said.

"You know that and I know that but he might not. You spend a lot of time with the girls and maybe he feels left out. Maybe you should start making time for each child individually. I can watch the other two when you do," she said.

"I don't intend for him to feel that way," he said.

"I know you don't but it happens a lot when there's more than two children, especially when there's only one parent. Even though I am here they will never see me as their mother," she said.

"Why don't you start by talking to Michael about his feelings and how he feels about everything," she said.

"Alright. I will soon, but I should let him cool off first. He was pretty upset and probably won't want to talk to me right now," he said.

"Okay," she said softly. She leaned into his chest and he wrapped his arms around her.

•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•

Suggestions???